Have fun in 2001

  • joe ross
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2000
      Hi y'all,
      I'm still here in Texas at the moment. Had a great Christmas with in-laws,
      but I'm having a bluegrass withdrawal. Mainly sticking with the NPR, jazz,
      classical and talkback radio stations. Along with 60000 other homes, we were
      without electricity for two days from Christmas night until the 27th.
      Luckily, we had plenty of candles, flashlights, firewood and a kerosene
      heater. The ice has now melted, but snow is expected in Dallas on Sunday.
      Watched "The X-Men" in DVD as soon as the TV was back on. Got together last
      night with some alum from my high school in Yokohama, Japan...the dallas
      devils were in fine form as we partied at a Cajun place called
      Razooo's...fried pickles, gator tail, hurricanes, mardi-ritas, jamablaya,
      etoufee, stuffed fish and swamp water beer.

      Nancy, is Rainy Pass playing on New Years Eve for the opening of "Where For
      Art Thou". Please tell us how it goes...and more about the movie after
      you've "screened" it.

      This Duck is flying back to Ory-gun tomorrow (Sat). If you're in Eugene for
      the First Night Celeb on Sunday, stop by to "shake and howdy" @6pm @the LCC
      downtown lobby stage.

      Kathy "Pard", thanks for keeping the discussions going.
      See y'all, Joe