Bluegrass Birthdays

  • ken cartwright
    Message 1 of 1912 , Mar 2, 2002
      Bluegrass Birthdays for Saturday March 2, 2002
      Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis, Charlie Christian died 1942, Jim Eanes records "Wiggle Worm Wiggle" 1954, Jim and Jesse Join the Grand Ole Opry 1964, The Whites join the Opry in 1984, Lonnie Glosson Died 2001.

      Message 1912 of 1912 , Jan 20, 2010
        Mason,

        I agree. All my contracts state that we are independent contractors and are responsible for all taxes. I also describe the purchaser as "authorized representative" instead of "employer".

        To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
        From: mltrking2003@...
        Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:27:02 +0000
        Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Music Contract Form

        I don't know about Wa. but in Oregon if you are an employer (as this contract states) you are liable for all income taxes, State unemployment taxes, FICA (SSI), medicare and, workmans comp. insurance! Myself, as a promoter,I would never sign this contract naming myself as an employer, you think ascap is bad........try going up against the government

        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Shelah Spiegel <ifiddler@...> wrote:

        ---SNIP---