Early September Festivals

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 23, 2010
      Hola Lister Festers,

      It's not too early to start planning which festivals, campouts & other events to hit in the first few weeks of September too ..... here are a few choices below. Have I forgotten any others?

      Chilliwack BG Festival SEPT 3-5
      Heritage Park Hwy. One at Lickman Rd. - Exit #116, Chiliwack, B.C.
      http://www.chilliwackartscouncil.com/index.php?id=50

      Idaho State BG Festival SEPT 3-5
      cthorse [at] gmail.com
      http://www.idahosawtoothbluegrass.org

      American Banjo Camp SEPT 9-12
      Fort Flager (beautiful spot near Port Townsend, WA)
      Contact Peter Langston at 206-781-5028
      www.americanbanjocamp.com

      Ted Heck Memorial Festival / American Heritage Festival SEPT 10-12
      Tumwater, WA ... Contact Willie Hill at 360-866-2601
      Email paisley3 [at] comcast.net ... Check WBA Website For More Info

      Brown Barn Festival SEPT 10-12
      San Martin-Ludwig Ranch Park, San Martin, CA
      INFO: 408-778-1050 or 408-782-5044
      http://www.scbs.org/events/brownbarn/

      Newport Music Festival SEPT 10-12
      City Park, Newport, WA
      INFO: Jim Crowley 509-447-2701 guitarist [at] jimcrowleymusic.com
      http://www.pvbluegrass.com/

      Sisters Folk Fest SEPT 10-12
      INFO: 541-549-4979 info [at] sistersfolkfestival.org
      http://www.sistersfolkfestival.org/sff.php

      George WA Bluegrass Festival Campout & Jam SEPT 13-19
      George City Park in George, WA just off I-90.
      www.GeorgeBluegrassFestival.com

      Miles City "Music on Wings" BG Fest SEPT 17-19
      Miles City, MT
      http://wintermt.com/categories/moreinfo.asp?IDRRecordID=17797&siteid=1

      See ya
      Joe
    • pdidmh1
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 23, 2010
        I can't seem to find much on Tye Valley this year.

        Dave

        _____

[...]

        &siteid=1

        See ya

      • Joe
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 23, 2010
          --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "pdidmh1" <pdidmh1@...> wrote:

          > I can't seem to find much on Tye Valley this year.
          >
          > Dave

          Dave,

          Yup Yup, Tygh Valley is coming up on 24-26 SEPT ......

          The Tygh Valley Bluegrass Festival started in 2000 in Shaniko, then for 1 year was in Maupin .... NOW it's now "forever" placed at the fairgrounds in beautiful Tygh Valley, OR.

          Here's the link .....
          http://www.myspace.com/tvbluegrass

          Joe
        • pdidmh1
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 23, 2010
            I guess if I spelled it right it would help!!!

            Dave

            _____

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 23, 2010
              --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Joe" <rossjoe@...> wrote:

              > Hola Lister Festers,
              >
              > It's not too early to start planning which festivals, campouts & other events to hit in the first few weeks of September too ..... here are a few choices below. Have I forgotten any others?

              Ummm, yes Jose ... I hate it when I have to respond to myself ... means I screwed up! I just realized that I forgot to include the new:

              OBA's Annual BG and Old Time Pickers Festival
              Sept 17-19
              Pendarvis Farm, Happy Valley, OR.
              See www.oregonbluegrass.org

              OBA board members, any updates for us on this event?

              Glad I caught this unintentional oversight before someone called me on it. Now keep it together, and don't let it happen again!

              Thanks
              Joe
            • pdidmh1
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 23, 2010
                It's at Pendarvis Farm, the same location as the Pickathon.

                Prices for the weekend are $20, $15 for OBA members.

                One day price is $10. We will have areas for RV's but no hookups.

                Overnight camping is of course included in the price. We are looking to have
                a square dance in the barn on Saturday.

                Hope to see you there, Dave

                <mailto:Dave.Hausner@...>

                _____

                > It's not too early to start planning which festivals, campouts & other
                events to hit in the first few weeks of September too ..... here are a few
                choices below. Have I forgotten any others?

                Ummm, yes Jose ... I hate it when I have to respond to myself ... means I
                screwed up! I just realized that I forgot to include the new:

                OBA's Annual BG and Old Time Pickers Festival
                Sept 17-19
                Pendarvis Farm, Happy Valley, OR.
                See www.oregonbluegrass.org

                OBA board members, any updates for us on this event?

                Glad I caught this unintentional oversight before someone called me on it.
                Now keep it together, and don't let it happen again!

                Thanks

              • David
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 23, 2010
                  Puddletown Ramblers are performing there this year. It is the weekend of Sept. 25th. Check out their myspace. http://www.myspace.com/tvbluegrass
                  You can also find out information at:
                  http://www.oregonbluegrass.org/festival_calendar.php

                  --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "pdidmh1" <pdidmh1@...> wrote:

                  > I can't seem to find much on Tye Valley this year.
                  >
                  > Dave
                  >

                  > _____

                • Colby Buswell
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 24, 2010
                    Reply and invite folks to the event by sharing it on facebook via...

                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Bluegrass-Association/319992631153

                    Get advance tickets via our website...

                    www.oregonbluegrass.org

                    More info to land this week in both locations.

                    Pendarvis farms (home of Pickathon...www.pickathon.com) is a beautiful location, family friendly and with tons of old growth, shaded forest camping/hiking and flat RV space (no hookups).  Views of Mt. Hood right from the hill.  We have the barn this year and will be plannin' an open mic all call to bands on Friday night and a squaredance on Saturday night.  We'd love to see all of you!

                    Thanks for all everyone does for bluegrass!
                    Colby and the OBA Board

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 24, 2010
                      Hello Pickers & Grinners,

                      Are you going to one of the upcoming bluegrass festivals before summer ends?

                      Would you be willing to put some flyers out (about Nwbluegrass) on their info tables?

                      If so, pls contact me off-list with your USPS snailmail address, and I'll throw a bunch in the mail to ya. I'm at rossjoe [at] hotmail.com

                      There are actually a few folks still out there who haven't heard about our little cyberfestival here yet....even tho we've been chatting now for over a decade. Recruiting a little new blood for Nwbluegrass can't be a bad thing, right? ;-)

                      Thanks for your help.

                      See ya
                      Joe
                    • kencradio
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 24, 2010
                        , "Joe" <rossjoe@...> wrote:
                        There are actually a few folks still out there who haven't heard about our little cyberfestival here yet....even tho we've been chatting now for over a decade. Recruiting a little new blood for Nwbluegrass can't be a bad thing, right? ;-)
                        Thanks for your help. See ya Joe

                        Ken says, with a grin: I don't know know Joe, unless they can define what is bluegrass and a gospel hairdo, it might be a bad thing... Kenc
                      • eddard
                        Message 11 of 11 , Sep 1, 2010
                          So I lied. It's a public whipping after all. When am I gonna learn to read the
                          days at festivals? I just fired off something at the first email I came to,
                          reading from where I left off up to the present, and never looked to see if
                          anybody had already mentioned the obvious problem of computers being so literal
                          that only one way seems to work. That was hasty, ill-considered, and in poor
                          taste, so have I publicly whipped myself enough to make amends?

                          http://www.eddard.com