Re: [nwbluegrass] No nudes good nudes

  • Jim Faddis
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2000
      From: "joe ross" <rossjoe@...>
      To: <nwbluegrass@egroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, December 09, 2000 5:59 PM
      Subject: [nwbluegrass] No nudes good nudes

      > Mornin' y'all....
      > Good to hear about the Bluegrass Thang up in Spokane. Great idea, Jim.
      Which
      > bands will be there? Please tell us more about the Inland NW BG Assn. How
      > many members? Do they publish a newsletter? Hold regular jams or
      festivals?

      > All in jest......
      > Joe

      We'll probably have 5-7 bands there tonight. Some are organized, some
      are just scrambled from whoever shows up.
      As of today we have about 125 paid members in the INBA and we have been
      in existence since 1994. We try to bring top quality bluegrass shows in for
      the general public's consumption and we'v had Del McCoury,Bluegrass Etc.,
      Dry Branch and others. We also sponsor a mini-Wintergrass type event where
      we try to bring in a top northwest bluegrass band for a show and a stayover
      at a place called the Bozarth Mansion. That occurs the weekend befor the
      Super Bowl and we have had the Sawtooth Mtn. Boys, the Knott Brothers and
      others. This year we are having another great Oregon band, Sam Hill, come
      up and we are really looking forward to it(that will be $10 Dee Ann).
      We do have a few small ongoing jams but nothing like Maltby or some of
      the things you have down in OR. But we manage to have a good time. At this
      time we don't put on a festival and we don't really have any plans to get
      into that for a variety of reasons.
      Jim
    • joe ross
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2000
        Mornin' y'all....
        Good to hear about the Bluegrass Thang up in Spokane. Great idea, Jim. Which
        bands will be there? Please tell us more about the Inland NW BG Assn. How
        many members? Do they publish a newsletter? Hold regular jams or festivals?

        As for Buck's Festival down south, if any of you get booked, you may want to
        bone up on the Top 15 Nude Grass songs:
        #15 - My Walking Shoes Don't Fit Me Anymore
        #14 - Hold Watcha Got
        #13 - It's Only Human Nature
        #12 - Dog Bite Your Hide
        #11 - Body and Soul
        #10 - Nude River Train
        #9 - Nude Freedom Bell
        #8 - What would you give in exchange for your pants?
        #7 - Long Black Veil
        #6 - Cumbersome Cap
        #5 - Keep on the Sunny Side
        #4 - Put my Little Shoes Away
        #3 - Barefoot Nellie
        #2 - I Haven't Seen Mary in Years
        #1 - Nine Pound Bummer

        All in jest......
      • Chr3music@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 10, 2000
          I was at the Sawtooth show last night and Eisler did the old Del Reeves tune
          "Girl on the Billboard" (wearin' nothin' but a towel and a smile…) and I
          thought that it belongs on somebody's Naked song list.
          Inspired, I went to buy the Sawtooth CD and happened to look at the Songs for
          Suzi CD, too. In the poor lighting I read the song list and, Lo and Behold,
          in addition to "Keep on the Sunnyside" from Joe's list, I thought I saw
          "Nudeport" (on both CDs!), and "Breaking Nude Ground". Of course I had to
          purchase both CDs.

          Thinking about it further I realized that, with all due respect Joe, I loved
          "Nine Pound Bummer", but you seem to have left out a few "classics" like big
          Mon's own " OUT, in the Cold World" and "Nude John Henry Blues". Then there
          is the Carter Family/Flatt and Scruggs hit "Jimmy Brown the Nude Boy".
          Of course, there are other tunes that belong on the list, when they are done
          bluegrass style, i.e.
          1. I'm Hangin' Around
          2. What Am I Doin' Hangin' 'round?
          3. Walking on Nude Grass
          4. Let old Mother Nature have her way
          5. Blowin' in the Wind
          6. The Streak
          7. I'm in the Nude for Love
          8. Running Bare
          9. In the Nude

          Of course, Randy Neuman's "I'm gonna take my pants off" and any BARE NAKED
          LADIES bluegrass song would work. smiles, chick