Best Gig

  • Pete Goodall
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2002
      Let's see, someone suggested that along with the weirdest gig, we should
      post our best gig....

      Well for me that was the bluegrass concert at the NW Folklife event last
      year. We were invited to join some great bands like Rainy Pass and
      Jackstraw and play in the Bagley theatre for the bluegrass show on Saturday.
      The theatre is incredible, great acoustics and really a top notch place to
      play. What really impressed me was that we actually had a dressing room!
      Now how many bluegrass bands can actually say they had their own dressing
      room? It even had showers (although I didn't get to try it). The grand
      finale was a real hoot - Cliff Perry lead all of the folks in a rousing
      version of "Man Of Constant Sorrow" and we had a bit of fun with him by
      donning some fake beards, even Mary put one on. All in all, that gig will
      stick in my mind for a long time as one of the best I've ever had.

      mP