Re: Summer Music Festival in WA!

  • Breffni Whelan
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 1, 2009
      Then there was the only government-sponsored festival of that type - Vortex I,
      out by Estacada, OR, in 1970.  The national convention of the American Legion
      was taking place in Portland and the powers-that-be wanted a sedate
      environment for the Legionnaires to raise hell unimpeded in, so Vortex was
      offered as an enticing alternative for young Portland-area folks.  And so it
      was.....
      See  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_I   and
      http://www.oregonencyclopedia.org/entry/view/vortex_i/

      --Breffni