RE: [nwbluegrass] Were lucky

    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2009
      That's the main reason I recently retired from playing rock and roll after 49 years. The playing is great, but the loading and unlaoding and two hour set up and one hour tear down just got to be a lot like work.

      I always wanted to be in a band where I just walked in with my sax and played..

      BUT.... I have also seen bluegrass bands take three hours to set up their PA system too. And normally the typical bluegrass PA system is less complicated than a rock and roll band PA..

      So.. if your band has a PA you still have to spend the non-playing hours to get stuff set up and torn down and transported.

      And I'm glad you posted.. I need to send you an email..

      To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
      From: etopple@...
      Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 05:55:50 -0700
      Subject: [nwbluegrass] Were lucky

      I talked to a rock and roll friend of mine about his band set up. He
      said that it takes three hours to set up and tear down each time they
      play. So there is six hours and a couple hours of playing time .....
      well he crapped when I told him that we show up with our instruments,
      tuned them and were ready to go.
      We've been playing the 2nd Wednesday of each month at Gilbert Winery
      in downtown Yakima. We have a wonderful website now at
      CoyoteRidgeBluegrassWranglers.com. Check it out. David Eichwald

    • eddard
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2009
        A big fat grade of A on those recordings, David.  You guys sound good.  Give that banjo player a kudo from me, too.  I don't even have the contact information to tell him how good he sounds on "Back to the Blueridge," but he deserves some praise for that one.  I'll catch up with him someday and reiterate.  Maybe Goldendale.

        http://www.eddard.com