RE: [nwbluegrass] If you sound like Alison Crotch then you are "Americana". What's hard about that

  • Matthew Snook
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
      But the 'IQ' comment, hmm....

      From: Matthew Snook
      Subject: RE: [nwbluegrass] If you sound like Alison Crotch then you are
      "Americana". What's hard about that

      Hear, hear.

      From: aksaxton
      "Americana". What's hard about that

      Watch out, your IQ is showing. That's a mean-spirited comment, not funny.
      Andrea

      "ltfb"
    • aksaxton
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2009
        I absolutely agree, my bad, I apologize for my mean-spirited "IQ" comment.
        Andrea

        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Snook" <matt@...> wrote:

        > But the 'IQ' comment, hmm....

        > From: Matthew Snook
        > Subject: RE: [nwbluegrass] If you sound like Alison Crotch then you are
        > "Americana". What's hard about that
        >
        > Hear, hear.

        > From: aksaxton
        > Subject: [nwbluegrass] If you sound like Alison Crotch then you are
        > "Americana". What's hard about that
        >
        > Watch out, your IQ is showing. That's a mean-spirited comment, not funny.
        > Andrea
        >
        > "ltfb"

      • geetardave
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
          I have an opinion. I stated it. So did you. Because I don't prefer Alison Krauss' style of music and choose to call her a nickname then my IQ is low? So, therefore, if a person has a different opinion from you then they are stupid? Calling her a nickname isn't mean spirited. It's a nickname that came about from kitchen discussions and not intended to be mean-spirited. To some people that was funny. To others it wasn't. Sometimes kitchen discussions get heated and have unintentional consequences. People will often say things that you don't agree with or don't like. Sometimes people say things they wish they could take back. Flying off the handle and putting them down isn't a very intelligent response. My point was mainly that Americana and Bluegrass are two different things. I have opinions and I won't change them just because they may not be politically correct. I apologize if my comments offend your delicate sensibilities. There has been far worse said on here.

          --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "aksaxton" <aksaxton@...> wrote:

          > Watch out, your IQ is showing. That's a mean-spirited comment, not funny.
          > Andrea
          >
          > "ltfb"

        • geetardave
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 2, 2009
            On second thought, I retract last comment and go back to permanent lurking.