Re: Demise of Bluegrass

  • rustyautom
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
      Is there really such a thing ... kind of like OPEC controls to oil ... the controls music categories.

      Is the Bluegrass channel on Comcast going to change names?

      Are they changing the old records to read 'Bill Monroe and his Acoustic Americana Boys?'

      Russ

      --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <thelin@...> wrote:

      > The industry
    • mt2_mandolin
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "rustyautom" <rustyautom@...> wrote:

        > Is there really such a thing ... kind of like OPEC controls to oil ... the controls music categories.
        >
        > Is the Bluegrass channel on Comcast going to change names?
        >
        > Are they changing the old records to read 'Bill Monroe and his Acoustic Americana Boys?'

        Americana is just the new politically correct way to say bluegrass. I think the industry is moving to use it because Bluegrass is offensive to some people.

        I can't wait for the Americana police to show up.
        "That aint REAL Americana!"
      • Tony
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2009
          You like music from the Puerta Rico Territories?
          --Tony