Stage Fright Workshop at River City

  • Tom Tower
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2009
      Genuine BG content here: There will be one Stage Fright - Skills for
      Coping With Performance Anxiety workshop at River City this year. It
      will be at the dinner hour break on Saturday. If you get churning
      belly, icy fingers, or croaky throat at the thought of playing or
      singing in public come to this workshop for tricks, tips, a brief intro
      to the brain owner's manual and some tools to have more fun in 2009.
      Bring your questions, too. I'll accept them in writing if you'd prefer
      to be anonymous! Hope to everyone at RC! What a way to start the
      year, Tom Tower
    • Al Price
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2009
        Hi Tom,

        I hope you have Tom to come visit the Nechville booth. We have some new
        products and designs to show you.

        Your workshop is one of the best I've ever seen offered at a festival. I
        know many people who are just plain scared to get up and play.

        See you in Portland!

        Al Price
        Nechville Guy

        On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Tom Tower <swamibanjo@...> wrote:

        > Genuine BG content here: There will be one Stage Fright - Skills for
        > Coping With Performance Anxiety workshop at River City this year. It
        > will be at the dinner hour break on Saturday. If you get churning
        > belly, icy fingers, or croaky throat at the thought of playing or
        > singing in public come to this workshop for tricks, tips, a brief intro
        > to the brain owner's manual and some tools to have more fun in 2009.
        > Bring your questions, too. I'll accept them in writing if you'd prefer
        > to be anonymous! Hope to everyone at RC! What a way to start the
        > year, Tom Tower

      • tom tower
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 5, 2009
          Thanks, Al, for the workshop review.  I'll have some new info to add this year, too.  And I've heard a rumor that there will be two Stage Fright Workshops.  One Saturday at dinner break and the second Sunday at 11:30.  And, I'll be delighted to see you at the Nechville booth.  I took a look at your Nechville River City Saturn banjo on the raffle page for River City.  Think I'll forego lunches till then just to invest in raffle tickets.  Very, very elegant instrument.  You guys have been busy.  See you at RC!  Tom Tower

        • Ken Cartwright
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2009
            Tom Wrote:Tom Tower" <swamibanjo@...> wrote:

            Genuine BG content here: There will be one Stage Fright - Skills for
            Coping With Performance Anxiety workshop at River City this year. r
            ! Hope to everyone at RC! What a way to start the
            year, Tom Tower

            Ken Asks: Tom, Does it actually work to remove stage fright if you vision the audience with
            no clothes on? Kenc
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 5, 2009
              Let me just add that until I met Tom ten years ago, I was shy and afraid to even stand near a stage or talk to more than three people at a time without being scared to death.

              His approach to curing stage fright has been nothing short of amazing. I can now get on stage in front of thousands without even caring if my zipper is down.. (a common problem I have).

              Tom's workshops are a "must see" event.

              To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.comFrom: swamibanjo@...: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 00:20:39 -0800Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Stage Fright Workshop at River City

              Thanks, Al, for the workshop review. I'll have some new info to add this year, too. And I've heard a rumor that there will be two Stage Fright Workshops. One Saturday at dinner break and the second Sunday at 11:30. And, I'll be delighted to see you at the Nechville booth. I took a look at your Nechville River City Saturn banjo on the raffle page for River City. Think I'll forego lunches till then just to invest in raffle tickets. Very, very elegant instrument. You guys have been busy. See you at RC! Tom Tower[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

            • Shari Dolan
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 5, 2009
                Who finally told Mark about the zipper incident?

                --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Mark Gensman <GZsound@...> wrote:

                > Let me just add that until I met Tom ten years ago, I was shy and
                afraid to even stand near a stage or talk to more than three people
                at a time without being scared to death.

                > His approach to curing stage fright has been nothing short of
                amazing. I can now get on stage in front of thousands without even
                caring if my zipper is down.. (a common problem I have).

                > Tom's workshops are a "must see" event.
                >
                > Mark Gensman
                > Ground Zero Sound
                >

                > To: nwbluegrass@...: swamibanjo@...: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 00:20:39 -
                0800Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Stage Fright Workshop at River City

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 5, 2009
                  Believe it or not it's a true story. I was on stage in front of 10,000 people in the mid 60's (singing Ahab the Arab) and the zipper on the pants of our brand new band outfits failed.

                  A guy standing in front of the stage started making wierd hand signs at me and after a minute I looked down.. aarrgh.

                  That traumatized me and thanks to Tom Tower, I never fear the dreaded zipper problem again...

                  To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.comFrom: sharidolan@...: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 20:21:20 +0000Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Stage Fright Workshop at River City

                  Who finally told Mark about the zipper incident?--- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Mark Gensman <GZsound@...> wrote:>> > Let me just add that until I met Tom ten years ago, I was shy and afraid to even stand near a stage or talk to more than three people at a time without being scared to death. > > His approach to curing stage fright has been nothing short of amazing. I can now get on stage in front of thousands without even caring if my zipper is down.. (a common problem I have). > > Tom's workshops are a "must see" event. > > Mark Gensman> Ground Zero Sound> > > > To: nwbluegrass@...: swamibanjo@...: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 00:20:39 -0800Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Stage Fright Workshop at River City> > > > Thanks, Al, for the workshop review. I'll have some new info to add this year, too. And I've heard a rumor that there will be two Stage Fright Workshops. One Saturday at dinner break and the second Sunday at 11:30. And, I'll be delighted to see you at the Nechville booth. I took a look at your Nechville River City Saturn banjo on the raffle page for River City. Think I'll forego lunches till then just to invest in raffle tickets. Very, very elegant instrument. You guys have been busy. See you at RC! Tom Tower[Non-text portions of this message have been removed] > > > > > > __________________________________________________________> It's the same Hotmail�. If by "same" you mean up to 70% faster.> http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_broad1_122008> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>

                • Shari Dolan
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 5, 2009
                    Holy Cow! Some day I'll tell you why I don't wear a headset
                    microphone, but for now, the stagefright workshop is probably full.

                    --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Mark Gensman <GZsound@...> wrote:

                    > Believe it or not it's a true story. I was on stage in front of
                    10,000 people in the mid 60's (singing Ahab the Arab) and the zipper
                    on the pants of our brand new band outfits failed.

                    > A guy standing in front of the stage started making wierd hand
                    signs at me and after a minute I looked down.. aarrgh.

                    > That traumatized me and thanks to Tom Tower, I never fear the
                    dreaded zipper problem again...

                    > Mark Gensman
                    > Ground Zero Sound
                    >

                    > To: nwbluegrass@...: sharidolan@...: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 20:21:20
                    +0000Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Stage Fright Workshop at River City