Maltby Jam

  • Dave Campbell
    Message 1 of 30 , Jan 4, 2002
      I'd like to put in a plug for the Maltby Jam this Saturday and the 1st
      Saturday of each month. The Maltby Jam was a key factor in allowing me to
      ease back into bluegrass after an extended hiatus. The folks are always
      supportive, the jamming suits all levels, the audience is always
      appreciative during the open mic, and to top it off there are the great
      potluck offerings. It is also a great place for bands to try out new
      material. (I understand from reliable sources that Fidelity Grange as well
      as some other bands will be doing exactly that this weekend.) If you are
      with a band, interested in starting a band, between bands, just starting to
      play, or just like to listen to good music, Maltby is a pretty significant
      place in the Northwest to get in touch with the local music scene and some
      of the people involved in it.

      Thanks Jan for all of your hard work and dedication.

      Best Regards,
      Dave
    • Ariel4thou@aol.com
      Message 2 of 30 , Jan 4, 2002
        Once more ... what time does the Maltby shindig start?

        Cathy

      • Dave Campbell
        Message 3 of 30 , Jan 4, 2002
          Folks usually start showing up between 2:00 and 3:00 and build from there.
          Potluck around 6:30, open mic starts at 7:30 with more jamming afterwards
          until...

          Message 4 of 30 , Feb 1, 2002
            Hello Lister Dears,

            Any news/rumors about who might be performing at the Maltby Jam tomorrow
            evening?

            Thank you, Beth
          • Dave Campbell
            Message 5 of 30 , Feb 1, 2002
              There will probably be some good bands there, particularly with Wintergrass
              coming up. I know that Back Burner will be performing, probably late. We
              usually like to close out the show.

              -Dave

              > Any news/rumors about who might be performing at the Maltby Jam tomorrow
              > evening?
              >
              > Thank you, Beth
            • Dave Campbell
              Message 6 of 30 , Feb 3, 2002
                Hey Beth it was great to meet you at Maltby last night, see you at
                Wintergrass.

                -Dave

                Message 7 of 30 , Jun 3, 2002
                  As I'm working on my own personal Bluegrass calendar for the summer I seem
                  to recall that there were a couple of months that the Maltby Jam did not
                  occur. Is that correct or am I dreaming? It shows up every month on the
                  nwbluegrass calendar. I may be getting it confused with the Northbend jam
                  that skips July & December.

                  Also any info. or opinions out there on the Rainier Pickin Festival or The
                  Anderson Island Bluegrass festival? I'm trying to get in as many family
                  friendly camping type festivals in this summer. Darrington is of course on
                  the list and possibly the String Summit.

                  Thanks,

                  Randy James

                • Dave Campbell
                  Message 8 of 30 , Jun 3, 2002
                    The is no Maltby Jam in July and September.

                    You might add the St. Helens Festival in Toledo, WA. That is one of our
                    favorites.

                    -Dave
                    (Woodinville, WA)
                  • jan l jones
                    Message 9 of 30 , Jun 4, 2002
                      Hi Randy...your right, there are 2 months out of the year when the Maltby
                      Jam does'nt happen. Thats in JULY and SEPTEMBER.......August is our
                      Summer jam and we "resurface" for our monthly scheduled jams in Oct.
                      Thank you for reminding me,I should have put that in our jam listing.
                      jan
                    • Jan L Jones
                      Message 10 of 30 , Aug 31, 2002
                        Reminder......we take a "break" in Sept. ( catching up on things after a
                        Summer of Festivals ). But we'll all be there and the coffee will be
                        ready the 1st Saturday of Oct. ......so join us for the start of our new
                        season at the Maltby Community Club. We sure had a good time at
                        Chilliwack, and the rain did'nt start til early Monday morning....we were
                        all a little soggy but hey it always seems to rain as we take the tents
                        down.....its tradition !!!!!! jan
                      • Dave Campbell
                        Message 11 of 30 , Aug 5, 2003
                          Just a quick note on the Maltby Summer Jam this past weekend. We were
                          expecting a lighter turn out than usual with the new Ranch Grass Festival
                          and other conflicts on the same weekend, and a lot of the regulars were
                          indeed absent, but there were a number of new players, and we were surprised
                          by the number of new listeners that came to participate in the potluck and
                          watch the show. We ended up having to get out some more chairs. None of
                          the regular bands were there intact so folks formed a number of pick-up
                          bands to do the show. It was a lot of fun. Matthew had the sound dialed
                          right in and the audience really seemed to enjoy it. Thanks Jan for another
                          fun Saturday at Maltby.

                          -Dave
                          (Woodinville, WA)
                        • Jan L Jones
                          Message 12 of 30 , Dec 1, 2004
                            Just a reminder: Grab a cup of coffee and keep warm at the Maltby Jam
                            this Saturday, Dec.4th.....doors open at 2pm for jamming......kids jam at
                            3pm.....potluck dinner at 6pm.....open mike, 7pm10pm....jamming til you
                            get tired !!! Hope to see you there. jan
                          • Jan L Jones
                            Message 13 of 30 , Apr 1, 2005
                              Reminder: First Saturday of April.....must be the Maltby Jam ! Maltby
                              Community Club, 1811 206th St. SE. Snohomish, Wa. Hope to see you
                              there for a whole day and evening of Bluegrass music. Doors open at 2pm
                              for jamming, Kids Jam hosted by Dave Campbell at 3pm, Potluck dinner
                              at 6pm, Open Mike 7-10pm , Jamming continues 10-??.......Everyone
                              welcome, comfortable, non-smoking venue. info: (360) 568-3685 jan
                            • Jan L Jones
                              Message 14 of 30 , Jan 4, 2006
                                Maltby Bluegrass Jam:
                                Reminder: If you can't get down to the RIVER CITY Festival in
                                Portland....you can still get some Bluegrass music and jamming here at
                                the Maltby Community Club. Its the 1st Sat of the month jam...doors open
                                at 2pm for jamming, potluck dinner at 6pm, and open mike starts at
                                7pm.....jamming starts up again after the open mike.........acoustic
                                music, smoke free, coffees always on, and our children are all smart,
                                beautiful, talented and well behaved !!!
                                Maltby Community Club 8711 206th Ave. SE. Snohomish, Wa. info. Jan
                                ( 360) 568-3685
                              • Bill Martin
                                Message 15 of 30 , Jan 4, 2006
                                  Good grief! For a glorified crossroads Maltby sure keeps its name out front.
                                  There was an article in the local rag this morning (Vancouver, WA) all about
                                  Maltby's incorporation movement.

                                  Bill
                                • Jan L Jones
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Jan 5, 2006
                                    Hi Bill, yeah...thats Maltby...just a hot bed of controversy ( and a
                                    nice place to play music too)!!! jan
                                  • janet l jones
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Aug 30, 2006
                                      A Reminder......theres NO Maltby Jam in Sept. ....we all head for the
                                      border ( Canadian that is ) and attend one of our very favorite
                                      festivals...Chilliwack Bluegrass Festival... Sept. 1-3 in Chilliwack BC
                                      We'll be back and on schedule in Oct ( 1st Sat, Oct 1st) and each month
                                      after that..........if we don't see you at Chilliwack. hope to see you at
                                      the next jam. Jan
                                    • jake@crescentbeachguitar.com
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Aug 31, 2006
                                        Hi Jan.

                                        Is it your favourite festival because you guys almost always win the
                                        corn shucking contest?

                                        Or is it the great people you meet in the line up while munching your
                                        free corn?

                                        Or maybe the nice free showers?

                                        We'll see you there!

                                        Jake

                                        Crescent Beach Guitar
                                        Setup & Repair for all Stringed Instruments
                                        Santa Cruz Guitar Authorized Warranty Repair Centre
                                        www.crescentbeachguitar.com

                                      • janet l jones
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Oct 4, 2006
                                          FYI: Maltby Bluegrass Jam will be in full swing and ready to start its
                                          new season...Saturday,.Oct 7th....join us at the Maltby Community Club
                                          8711 206th Ave. SE. Snohomish ( Maltby) Wa. .....doors open at 2pm for
                                          jamming, potluck dinner at 6pm, Open mike starts at 7pm....more jamming
                                          afterwards. The coffee is always on...come and make some new friends and
                                          visit and jam with the old friends. This is a family event , come and
                                          enjoy an evening of acoustic music . info: (360)568-3685
                                        • janet l jones
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Nov 2, 2006
                                            FYI: The Maltby Bluegrass Jam will be up and running on Saturday,
                                            Nov.4th........doors open for jamming at 2 PM, Potluck dinner at 6PM, and
                                            Open Mike at 7PM...jamming til ??
                                            Come and join us, all acoustic music, family friendly, at the
                                            historical Maltby Community Club
                                            8711 206th Ave. SE. Snohomish ( Maltby), Wa. info: (360) 568-3685
                                          • janet l jones
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Jan 5, 2007
                                              Start the year right, come to the Maltby Bluegrass Jam on Saturday,
                                              Jan.6..........doors open at 2pm, a warm place to jam and listen to the
                                              music. Potluck and Open Mike too.
                                              Message 22 of 30 , May 3, 2007
                                                FYI: Maltby Bluegrass Jam...1st Saturday of the
                                                month....thats May 5th, hope to see you there. Doors open at 2pm for
                                                jamming, Potluck dinner at 6pm, Open Mike at 7-10pm,
                                                then jamming continues. Coffees always on, no admission fee, a family
                                                venue.
                                                Maltby Community Club 8711-206th Ave. SE Snohomish, Wa. (
                                                Maltby area) for info. call (360)568-3685
                                              • janet l jones
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Jul 31 10:52 PM
                                                  Its the August Summer Jam at the Maltby Community Club....Aug 4th,
                                                  doors open at 2pm. for jamming, potluck at 6pm....open mic at 7pm,
                                                  jamming continues !!! Rocky will have his famous coffee brewing and this
                                                  month the sound will be provided by the 3 Generations Band ( to give Dave
                                                  a break and let him do some jamming).
                                                  So come join us next weekend at the Maltby Community Club. 8711 206th
                                                  SE Snohomish ( Maltby) Wa. info: (360) 568-3685
                                                  PS. We'll be at the Chilliwack, BC Festival next month.....no jam at
                                                  Maltby in Sept.....but we'll be here the 1st Sat. of each mo. starting in
                                                  Oct. Enjoy the Festivals, Jan
                                                • janet l jones
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Jan 2, 2008
                                                    Happy 2008 everyone.......start the New Year with music and join us at
                                                    the Maltby Jam this coming Saturday, Jan. 5th.......at the Historic
                                                    Maltby Community Club
                                                    8711 - 206th Ave SE. Snohomish ( Maltby) Wa. Doors open at 2pm for
                                                    jamming, enjoy the potluck dinner at 6pm, and the open mic. at
                                                    7pm....jamming continues.
                                                    Acoustic instruments, a family event.....for info. call (360)
                                                    568-3685
                                                  • janet l jones
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Jun 3, 2008
                                                      Join us at the Maltby Jam on Saturday, June 7th.....*.this is our
                                                      final jam til August, so mark your calendars.!!!

                                                      * Were always gone in July and Sept attending some of those many
                                                      Bluegrass Festivals throughout the NW......hope to see you at some of
                                                      them.
                                                      We'll be back for our annual Pickin' and Potluck in August at the
                                                      Community Club...same time ( 2pm) but no open mic........just jamming !!!
                                                      See you next Saturday...Maltby Community Club 8711 206th Ave SE
                                                      Snohomish, Wa. Doors open at 2pm, Potluck at 6pm, and open mic at
                                                      7pm....sign up early !!
                                                      info: call (360) 568-3685
                                                      Click here for great computer networking solutions!
                                                      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3oHgMSYv8sMXitlviZTNKoYTpMUgnvcorXbD4kgtf1mZsRgs/
                                                    • moneycreekbluegrass
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Feb 7, 2011
                                                        Want to thank everyone for a great time at the jam Saturday night! It's always a treat to see my old friends and make new ones. What a nice mix of performers. Still the best jam in the region! Thanks Jan and Bill for the opportunity to sing with the girls. I still remember Berit Johansen singing at about that age and now look how far she's come! Those two little ones could be next!

                                                        LuAnn
                                                      • jlj35@juno.com
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Feb 7, 2011
                                                          Hi Luann, always glad to have you at Maltby...and for stepping in and helping the little girls, did you get my e-mail from Berit...shes doing a lot of performances at Shoreline etc. Jan

                                                          Kill Your Wrinkles
                                                          Mom Reveals Shocking $5 method for erasing wrinkles...Doctors hate her
                                                          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4d503865d91871bbb66st06duc
                                                        • eric
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Feb 8, 2011
                                                            I have set up a flickr maltby jam group of which anyone can view on flickr. If you have a flickr account you can add any pictures taken at the Maltby jam to the group.
                                                            http://www.flickr.com/groups/maltbyjam/

                                                            and of course they are also on my flickr site along with my other bluegrass pictures from area festivals among my flickr sets and collections.

                                                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/armadilo60/

                                                            Thanks, Eric in Everett