Fwd: Fw: NURSE'S HEART ATTACK EXPERIENCE

  • Bev Crozier
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2008
      To: "Marv & Jan Lake" <lakemj@...>,
      Subject: Fw: NURSE'S HEART ATTACK EXPERIENCE
      Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 20:10:34 -0700

      To: janperk@... ; smdeetsch@... ; deemur@... ; tomedwardsconstllc@... ; debbie.parish@... ; jbirge@... ; FERRIELLS@... ; Betmc@... ; wdchris@... ; tammyschow@... ; jhadley2@... ; e.buren@... ; carrollparish@...
      Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 5:27 PM
      Subject: Fwd: NURSE'S HEART ATTACK EXPERIENCE

      From: smdeetsch@...
      To: Lorraine Zimmer <rainyz@...>; Peggy Schweinhart <plhs@...>; Phyllis Rexroat <DRRexroat@...>; Joe Pepper <jpep1@...>; Rosie Netro <R2nettro@...>; Marcia Murphy <mdmurphy@...>; Anderson Marilyn <Ponymar@...>; Peggy&Walt Kennedy <wltrknndy@...>; Barbara Keisker <mars4807@...>; Benson Jane <bensonjh@...>; Donna Hirst <Hirstd@...>; Sue and Ernie <emsandsas@...>; Beierle Don Shirley <Flatrock@...>; Susan Disbrow <sbdisbrow@...>; Graves Dave Karen <dbibbg@...>; Jan Butler <Kyjanbutler@...>; Arlene Buckner <donbuckner@...>; Ackerman Bev <Bdbackerman@...>; Simms Barbara <Barbarasimms@...>; Elizabeth Albert <w8ingwife@...>; Diane Summit <Summit41@...>; Rosemary <Rosemarys9198@...>; Fay <cfoo@...>; Betty <bbzig@...>; Anabel-Laredo <Jdovalina@...>
      Sent: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:13 pm

      From: "Jane Benson" <bensonjh@...>
      To: "Jane Benson" <bensonjh@...>
      Subject: NURSE'S HEART ATTACK EXPERIENCE
      Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 02:27:00 +0000

      #AOLMsgPart_3_7f8c5f16-9295-49d7-8db5-b75fad5fe107 P.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" } #AOLMsgPart_3_7f8c5f16-9295-49d7-8db5-b75fad5fe107 LI.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" } #AOLMsgPart_3_7f8c5f16-9295-49d7-8db5-b75fad5fe107 DIV.MsoNormal { FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman" } #AOLMsgPart_3_7f8c5f16-9295-49d7-8db5-b75fad5fe107 A:link { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } #AOLMsgPart_3_7f8c5f16-9295-49d7-8db5-b75fad5fe107 SPAN.MsoHyperlink { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } #AOLMsgPart_3_7f8c5f16-9295-49d7-8db5-b75fad5fe107 A:visited { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } #AOLMsgPart_3_7f8c5f16-9295-49d7-8db5-b75fad5fe107 SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed { COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline } #AOLMsgPart_3_7f8c5f16-9295-49d7-8db5-b75fad5fe107 PRE { FONT-SIZE: 10pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt;
      FONT-FAMILY: "Courier New" } #AOLMsgPart_3_7f8c5f16-9295-49d7-8db5-b75fad5fe107 TT { FONT-FAMILY: "Courier New" } #AOLMsgPart_3_7f8c5f16-9295-49d7-8db5-b75fad5fe107 SPAN.EmailStyle20 { COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type: personal-reply } #AOLMsgPart_3_7f8c5f16-9295-49d7-8db5-b75fad5fe107 DIV.Section1 { page: Section1 } Subject: Fwd: NURSE'S HEART ATTACK EXPERIENCE

      Worth the read!!

      Please read!

      Hey listen up and pay attention.... this might save your life.

      NURSE'S HEART ATTACK EXPERIENCE

      I am an ER nurse, (day in and day out!) and this is the best

      description of this event that I have ever heard. Please read, pay

      attention, and send it on!

      Diane K. in AZ FEMALE HEART ATTACKS

      I was aware that female heart attacks are different, but this is the

      best description I've ever read.

      Women and heart attacks (Myocardial infarction). Did you know that

      women rarely have the same dramatic symptoms that men have when

      experiencing heart attack ... you know, the sudden stabbing pain in the

      chest, the cold sweat, grabbing the chest & dropping to the floor that

      we see in the movies. Here is the story of one woman's experience with

      a heart attack.

      I had a completely unexpected heart attack at about 10 :30 PM with NO

      prior exertion, NO prior emotional trauma that one would suspect

      might've brought it on. I was sitting all snugly & warm on a cold

      evening, with my purring cat in my lap, reading an interesting story my

      friend had sent me, and actually thinking, 'A-A-h, this is the life, all

      cozy and warm in my soft, cushy Lazy Boy with my feet propped up.

      A moment later, I felt that awful sensation of indigestion, when you've

      been in a hurry and grabbed a bite of sandwich and washed it down with a

      dash of water, and that hurried bite seems to feel like you've swallowed

      a golf ball going down the esophagus in slow motion and it is most

      uncomfortable. You realize you shouldn't have gulped it down so fast and

      needed to chew it more thoroughly and this time drink a glass of water

      to hasten its progress down to the stomach. This was my initial

      sensation---the only trouble was that I hadn't taken a bite of anything

      since about 5:00 p.m.

      After that had seemed to subside, the next sensation was like little

      squeezing motions that seemed to be racing up my SPINE (hind-sight, it

      was probably my aorta spasming), gaining speed as they continued racing

      up and under my sternum (breast bone, where one presses rhythmically

      when administering CPR).

      This fascinating process continued on into my throat and branched out

      into both jaws. 'AHA!! NOW I stopped puzzling about what was happening

      -- we all have read and/or heard about pain in the jaws being one of the

      signals of an MI happening, haven't we? I said aloud to myself and the

      cat, 'Dear God, I think I'm having a heart attack !

      I lowered the foot rest, dumping the cat from my lap, started to take a

      step and fell on the floor instead. I thought to myself 'If this is a

      heart attack, I shouldn't be walking into the next room where the phone

      is or anywhere else ... but, on the other hand, if I don't, nobody will

      know that I need help, and if I wait any longer I may not be able to get

      up in moment.''

      I pulled myself up with the arms of the chair, walked slowly into the

      next room and dialed the Paramedics ... I told her I thought I was

      having a heart attack due to the pressure building under the sternum and

      radiating into m y jaws. I didn't feel hysterical or afraid, just stating

      the facts. She said she was sending the Paramedics over immediately,

      asked if the front door was near to me, and if so, to unbolt the door

      and then lie down on the floor where they could see me when they came

      in.

      I then laid down on the floor as instructed and lost consciousness, as I

      don't remember the medics coming in, their examination, lifting me onto

      a gurney or getting me into their ambulance, or hearing the call they

      made to St. Jude ER on the way, but I did briefly awaken when we arrived

      and saw that the Cardiologist was already there in his surgical blues

      and cap, helping the medics pull my stretcher out of the ambulance.

      He was bending over me asking questions (probably something like 'Have you

      taken any medications?') but I couldn't make my mind interpret what he

      was saying, or form an answer, and nodded off again, not waking up until

      the Cardiologist and partner had already threaded the teeny angiogram

      balloon up my femoral artery into the aorta and into my heart where they

      installed 2 side by side stents to hold o pen my right coronary artery.

      I know it sounds like all my thinking and actions at home must have

      taken at least 20-30 minutes before calling the Paramedics, but actually

      it took perhaps 4-5 minutes before the call, and both the fire station

      and St. Jude are only minutes away from my home, and my Cardiologist was

      already to go to the OR in his scrubs and get going on restarting my

      heart (which had stopped somewhere between my arrival and the procedure)

      and installing the stents.

      Why have I written all of this to you with so much detail? Because I

      want all of you who are so important in my life to know what I learned

      first hand.

      1. Be aware that something very different is happening in your body not

      the usual men's symptoms but inexplicable things happening (until my

      sternum and jaws got into the act). It is said that many more women

      than men die of their first (and last) MI because they didn't know they

      were having one and commonly mistake it as indigestion, take some Maalox

      or other anti-heartburn preparation and go to bed, hoping they'll feel

      better in the morning when they wake up ... which doesn't happen. My

      female friends, your symptoms might not be exactly like mine, so I

      advise you to call the Paramedics if ANYTHING is unpleasantly happening

      that you've not felt before. It is better to have a 'false alarm'

      visitation than to risk your life guessing what it might be!

      2. Note that I said 'Call the Paramedics.' Ladies, TIME IS OF THE

      ESSENCE! Do NOT try to drive yourself to the ER -- you're a hazard to

      others on the road and so is your panicked husband who will be speeding

      and looking anxiously at what's happening with you instead of the road.

      Do NOT call your doctor -- he doesn't know where you live and if it's at

      night you won't reach him anyway, and if it's daytime, his assistants

      (or answering service) will tell you to call the Paramedics. He

      doesn't carry the equipment in his car that you need to be saved! The

      Paramedics do, principally OXYGEN that you need ASAP. Your Dr. will be

      notified later.

      3. Don't assume it couldn't be a heart attack because you have a

      normal cholesterol count. Research has discovered that a cholesterol

      elevated reading is rarely the cause of an MI (unless it's

      unbelievably high and/or accompanied by high blood pressure). MIs are

      usually caused by long-term stress and inflammation in the body,

      which dumps all sorts of deadly hormones into your system to sludge

      things up in there. Pain in the jaw can wake you from a sound sleep.

      Let's be careful and be aware. The more we know, the better chance we

      could survive.

      A cardiologist says if everyone who gets this mail sends it to 10

      people, you can be sure that we'll save at least one life.

      **Please be a true friend and send this article to all your friends

      (male & female) you care about!

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2008
        Bev -

        Please learn three things. First of all, when you forward a message, delete the names and addresses of former recipients; second, this list is music related, not public health; third, the most common e-mail mistake made is pushing the "Send" command.

        Congratulations. You just blew all three of those. You win the prize.