Goldendale - Fiddlin' Around The Stars Camp n' Jam

  • Golden Event Planning
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2008
      Hello Sharon,

      We all missed you at our 2nd Annual Fiddlin' Around The Stars Bluegrass Camp
      n' Jam this year. Your bluegrass family will continue to pray for your
      grandson and family. You have been a wonderful mentor to me and I truly
      appreciate all you have done to help me with this event. You take care of
      yourself my friend!

      Special thanks to Mason Smith and Jim Delfel for doing a terrific job
      emceeing for our event. Chick Rose did a marvelous job in the kids workshop
      Big gigantic kudo's go out to all of our entertainers this year...Prairie
      Flyer, Lee Highway, Ida Viper, Chickweed, Whiskey Puppy, Hardshell Harmony,
      Fiddlegrass and Kathy Boyd and Phoenix Rising! What a lineup...you guys
      rock! Goldendale LOVES you!!!

      Yes indeed, we had a wonderful event except for about an hour of rain
      Saturday afternoon. Other than that a few folks got a slight sunburn. I
      want to thank everyone who made the trek to Goldendale to support this event
      Although our community hasn't quite caught onto bluegrass yet...they are
      coming around and looking forward to next year!

      If anyone could offer some corrective criticism to help me better organize
      and promote our event...please send your comments to me:
      goldeneventplanning@...

      As you know this event was FREE due to the City of Goldendale and our
      merchants. You are all welcome to send a letter to the editor and/or cc the
      city and let our community know your thoughts and opinions about this event.

      The Editor
      Goldendale Sentinel
      117 West Main Street
      Goldendale, WA 98620

      Goldendale City Council
      City Hall
      1103 South Columbus
      Goldendale, WA 98620

      Next year we plan to host our event Tuesday May 26th (following Memorial
      Day) to Sunday May 31st...so mark your calendars to attend our 3rd Annual
      Fiddlin' Around The Stars Bluegrass Camp n' Jam. We will plan on hosting a
      Slow Jam" for those interested.

      Very soon...I am going to be recruiting businesses to sponsor bands for our
      2009 bluegrass festival. If you are interested in coming to our event next
      year, please send me your portfolio along with your entertainment fee so I
      can try to find a business to "adopt" your band. A picture and cd would be
      nice.

      Lorraine Reynolds
      55 Wellman Lane
      Goldendale, WA 98620