Clawhammer Banjo Weekend, May 2-4 2008

  • Charmaine Slaven
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2008
      4th Annual Dusty Strings Clawhammer Banjo Weekend

      May 2-4, 2008

      May 2-4, 2008 Dusty Strings will present our 4th Annual Clawhammer
      Banjo Weekend, with a return of some wonderful teachers and performers
      including Bob Carlin, Cathy Fink, Jeanie Murphy, and Candy Goldman.
      The weekend will feature several workshops, a Saturday night concert,
      and opportunities to meet and jam with other banjoists of all levels.

      New this year will be a series of "Getting Started" classes
      specifically designed for first-time beginners. This will be taught
      parallel with other beginning classes for players who already have a
      little experience. Having these two "beginner tracks" offers the wide
      spectrum of "beginning" students the opportunity to select the class
      level that will benefit them most. Also, Dusty Strings will have
      banjos available to rent for $25 for the weekend.

      Our Friday evening introductory session will include organized jamming
      (slow, intermediate, and advanced) led by the instructors with the
      help of guest musicians. This time to play some music, reconnect with
      friends, and meet new friends in the banjo and old-time music
      community is FREE and open to anyone interested in or curious about
      clawhammer banjo or the Banjo Weekend.

      All Clawhammer Banjo Weekend events will take place at the Dusty
      Strings Acoustic Music Shop, 3406 Fremont Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98103.
      Admission price for the full weekend is $195, which includes a Friday
      evening introductory session that is open to all participants, four
      workshops on Saturday and Sunday, and a Saturday night concert.
      Workshops, except for the Sunday afternoon "Roundtable Discussion,"
      can be taken à la carte for $50 each, and extra concert tickets are
      available for $18.

      Complete Clawhammer Banjo Weekend information, schedule, and
      registration materials is available at Dusty Strings, by calling us at
      206-634-1662 (toll free 866-634-1662), or by visiting our web site at
      www.dustystrings.com.

      Dusty Strings Acoustic Music Shop
      3406 Fremont Ave. N.
      Seattle, WA 98103