Re: [nwbluegrass] I see were.......

  • Bill Martin
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Jim Wheaton" <banjojib12@...>

      > I see were back to our regularly scheduled programming.

      Shhh! Don't wake us up.

      Bill
    • Ken Cartwright
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
        "Bill Martin" wrote: ----- Original Message -----
        From: "Jim Wheaton" <banjojib12@... I see were back to our regularly scheduled
        programming. Shhh! Don't wake us up. Bill

        KEN, Who is wide awake says: Well, wouldn't you know it, I heard an interesting tidbit
        yesterday that explained the major difference between old timey and bluegrass music... Old
        timey is pretty well dance music, whereas bluegrass is concert performance music.. How do
        you feel about that???? Kenc
      • jpf1940
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
          > KEN, Who is wide awake says: Well, wouldn't you know it, I heard an interesting tidbit
          > yesterday that explained the major difference between old timey and bluegrass music... Old
          > timey is pretty well dance music, whereas bluegrass is concert performance music.. How do
          > you feel about that???? Kenc

          I always felt that old time was largely cooperative where as bluegrass was mostly competitive
          .....Jean
        • Dale Wagner
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
            You meant "old time" keeps the beat but "bluegrass" doesn't. That is
            because old timers learned how to count and the new generation didn't
            recieve a good education.
            Dale

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
              I think that may be true. And bluegrass music seems to be more for concert and player audiences while old time is for dancing and the great unwashed who didn't do quite enough LSD to follow the Grateful Dead...

              To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.comFrom: kenc@...: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:23:42 +0000Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: I see were.......

              "Bill Martin" wrote: ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Wheaton" <banjojib12@... I see were back to our regularly scheduled programming. Shhh! Don't wake us up. BillKEN, Who is wide awake says: Well, wouldn't you know it, I heard an interesting tidbit yesterday that explained the major difference between old timey and bluegrass music... Old timey is pretty well dance music, whereas bluegrass is concert performance music.. How do you feel about that???? Kenc

            • pdidmh1
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
                Mark, I didn't do LSD when I followed the Dead. I preferred Heroin.

                Dave

                _____

                I think that may be true. And bluegrass music seems to be more for concert
                and player audiences while old time is for dancing and the great unwashed
                who didn't do quite enough LSD to follow the Grateful Dead...

                To: nwbluegrass@ <mailto:nwbluegrass%40yahoogroups.comFrom>
                yahoogroups.comFrom: kenc@... <mailto:kenc%40wvi.comDate> : Mon, 4
                Feb 2008 17:23:42 +0000Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: I see were.......

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
                  Or it might have been crack. I just can't seem to remember.

                  Dave

                  _____

                  From: nwbluegrass@ <mailto:nwbluegrass%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com
                  [mailto:nwbluegrass@ <mailto:nwbluegrass%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com]
                  OnBehalf Of Mark GensmanSent: Monday, February 04, 2008 10:03 AMTo:
                  nwbluegrass@ <mailto:nwbluegrass%40yahoogroups.comSubject>
                  yahoogroups.comSubject: RE: [nwbluegrass] Re: I see were.......I think that
                  may be true. And bluegrass music seems to be more for concertand player
                  audiences while old time is for dancing and the great unwashedwho didn't do
                  quite enough LSD to follow the Grateful Dead...Mark GensmanGround Zero
                  SoundTo: nwbluegrass@
                  <mailto:nwbluegrass%40yahoogroups.comFrom>yahoogroups.comFrom:
                  kenc@... <mailto:kenc%40wvi.comDate> <mailto:kenc%40wvi.comDate> :
                  Mon, 4Feb 2008 17:23:42 +0000Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: I see
                  were......."Bill Martin" wrote: ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
                    I stand corrected!

                    To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.comFrom: pdidmh1@...: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:06:23 -0800Subject: RE: [nwbluegrass] Re: I see were.......

                    Mark, I didn't do LSD when I followed the Dead. I preferred Heroin.Dave_____ From: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com [mailto:nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com] OnBehalf Of Mark GensmanSent: Monday, February 04, 2008 10:03 AMTo: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.comSubject: RE: [nwbluegrass] Re: I see were.......I think that may be true. And bluegrass music seems to be more for concertand player audiences while old time is for dancing and the great unwashedwho didn't do quite enough LSD to follow the Grateful Dead...Mark GensmanGround Zero SoundTo: nwbluegrass@ <mailto:nwbluegrass%40yahoogroups.comFrom>yahoogroups.comFrom: kenc@... <mailto:kenc%40wvi.comDate> : Mon, 4Feb 2008 17:23:42 +0000Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: I see were......."Bill Martin" wrote: ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Wheaton"<banjojib12@... I see were back to our regularly scheduled programming.Shhh! Don't wake us up. BillKEN, Who is wide awake says: Well, wouldn't youknow it, I heard an interesting tidbit yesterday that explained the majordifference between old timey and bluegrass music... Old timey is pretty welldance music, whereas bluegrass is concert performance music.. How do youfeel about that???? Kenc __________________________________________________________Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, wegive.http://im.live.<http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Home/?source=text_hotmail_join>com/Messenger/IM/Home/?source=text_hotmail_join[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
                      Bluegrass music requires a tremendous amount of cooperation amoung band members, otherwise it starts sounding like old timey music. ;~)

                      -Dave

                      >From: jpf1940 <jpf1940@...>
                      >
                      >I always felt that old time was largely cooperative where as bluegrass was mostly competitive
                      >.....Jean
                    • Pete Goodall
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
                        As seen on a bumper sticker....

                        Old Time Music - It's much better than it sounds!
                      • Bill Martin
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 4, 2008
                              From: "Bill Martin" <nkm@...>

                              Bluegrass is more oriented toward virtuosic solos.

                              <More snippage>

                              Not when I play it. I cain't even spell it.

                              --
                              Clyde Clevenger
                              www.myspace.com/oldcircle