Re: [nwbluegrass] Living with Cancer

  • CLYDE MCCOY
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 30, 2007
      Some of the other storys was Letter Edged In Black, and Soldger's Last Letter, and Perple Heart, by Red Allen.

      washart@... wrote: A very wise post by Bill Martin regarding living with his wife's cancer for a year. I don't know if its better to lose someone suddenly or to have a year or so of time with them. We all face one or the other at some time. Speaking of Bluegrass what are some good country/BG songs that tell the story of departing?. Art

    • Shelah Spiegel
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
        My favorite is "Who Will Sing For Me" by EmmyLou Harris.

        shelah

      • geetardave
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
          Hi Clyde,

          I'm very sorry to hear about your wife's illness. If there is
          anything I or the guys in the band can do to help, let us know. We
          are here for you. You are our brother in music. I've attached below a
          little something I found that may comfort you in your situation. It's
          difficult to find the right words of comfort sometimes, and, although
          I did not author it, It tells how I feel and I hope it helps you,
          even just a little, get through this tough time.

          Take care Clyde and I'll see you in Ridgefield,

          David Peterson
          Puddletown Ramblers

          I'M FREE
          written by Debbie Burton-Peddle

          Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free. I'm following the path God
          laid for me. I took his hand when I heard him call. I turned my back
          and left it all. I could not stay another day to laugh, to love, to
          work or play. Tasks left undone must stay that way, I found that
          place at the close of the day. If my parting has left a void, then
          fill it with remembered joy. A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss, ah
          yes, these things, I too, will miss. Be not burdened with times of
          sorrow, I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow. My life's been full, I
          savored much, good friends, good times, a loved one's touch. Perhaps
          my time seemed all to brief; don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
          Lift up your heart and share with me, God wanted me now, He set me
          free.

          "A loved one is a treasure of the heart and to lose a loved one is
          like losing a piece of yourself.
          But the love that this person brought you...did not leave, for the
          essence of the soul lingers.
          It cannot escape your heart, for it has been there forever.

          Cling to the memories and let them find their way to heal you.
          The love and laughter, the joy in the togetherness you shared...will
          make you strong.
          You'll come to realize that your time together, no matter how long,
          was meant to be,
          and that you were blessed to have such a precious gift of love in
          your life.

          Keep your heart beating with the loving memories and trust in your
          faith to guide
          you through.
          Know that though life moves on...the beauty of love stays behind to
          surround
          and embrace you.
          Your loved one has left you that...to hold in your heart forever." ~
        • Thomas O'Neill
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
            Stanley Brothers version makes it for this old geezer.

            Tom
            My favorite is "Who Will Sing For Me" by EmmyLou Harris.

            shelah

          • Bill Martin
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 1, 2007
              From: <washart@...>

              > what are some good country/BG songs that tell the story of departing?

              Shotgun Boogie?