Re: [nwbluegrass] Adventure Bluegrass (the end)

  • Mandoholic@Comcast.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 2, 2007
      I didn't even know Oklahoma was a real place 'till last week, I thought it was just made up for the musical and to give us Texans something else to make fun of aside from Arkansas. What I love most about Texas is that I'm from there, far from there.

      --
      Clyde Clevenger
      Just My Opinion, But It's Right!

      From: philptcu@...
      > that's what we used to call the
      > Annex.

    • Harvey Ross
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 2, 2007
        Were there any other well known bluegrass bands from the state of Oklahoma other than Bill Grant and Delia Bell ?

        Ross
        Montreal

        From: philptcu@aol. <mailto:philptcu%40aol.com> com
        > that's what we used to call the
        > Annex.

      • Dale Wagner
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 2, 2007
          Isn't a person from Texas just one who couldn't swim the Red River? :<)
          Dale
          From: philptcu@...
          > Clyde...I have thot from time to time that you must have been an
          > Okie....where from?

        • CLYDE MCCOY
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 2, 2007
            Well i am from KY. moved to Ohio When i was 9 Clyde Mccoy

            Mandoholic@... wrote: Chuck and Emelda Holloway and Dennis Berck show up early Friday afternoon. Let's pick and we did. Chuck and Mark Thomas going banjo to banjo for two hours was a sight to see, just dazzling. I don't go to festivals for the shows, unless my friends are picking, so I head up to see Pete Goodall's band, Stay Tuned. Great job Pete, cool shirt too. I watch Clyde McCoy and Southern Sounds with Bill Jolliff. Bill says old Clyde must be from central Ahigha, turns out to be true, Bill knows midwest accents. No tricks, no fluff, just straight ahead Bluegrass. Back to camp to pick. Big jam circle going under the Flamingos. We pick 'till 0330. I sleep in 'till 0630, make coffee, the teens have been evicted and replaced by Dennis, he doesn't fully appreciate the operatic quality of my Oklahoma rendering either. I dont' get it.
            The lovely Claire L. comes by early with her banjo, okay let's pick and we do, all day 'till 0330 again. I take a break to burn some steaks and got see the Grascals, Danny Roberts made my mandolin, so I had to see him. But mostly we just pick under the Flamingos.

            The band contest later.