New Old Friends , 7/3/2007, 7:00 pm

  • nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2007
      Reminder from: nwbluegrass Yahoo! Group

      Title: New Old Friends

      Date: Tuesday July 3, 2007
      Time: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every week.
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 2 days, 3 minutes.
      Location: Pirates Tavern
      Street: 2839 NW St. Helens Rd,
      City State Zip: Portland, OR 97210
      Phone: 503 222-6600
      Notes: New Old Friends is Rollie Champe (on mandolin), Chuck Davidshofer (on bass), Randy Oman (on guitar), and myself, Peter Schwimmer (on banjo). We play traditional, hard driving bluegrass. We play from around 7:00 PM to around 8:30 PM (more or less). The restaurant (www.piratestavern.com) is a delicious vegan restaurant (no-smoking of course), that has some great food. Check out the website listed above to get an idea of what kind of food they have at Pirates Tavern (the full menu is listed on-line). We hope that some of you can make it to the show. There is no cover charge, which helps compensate for the food prices (which are a little higher than what you might pay at a cheap restaurant, but the food is really good). I was told that one of the reasons for the higher prices is due to that the ingredients for a lot of the items on the menu (such as the vegan cheese used in many of the dishes that use cheese in the recipe) are actually made from scratch in their kitchen from organic ingredients.

    • nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2007