Re: Posing a Question

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31 10:41 PM
      Here's my story:

      I grew up in a family that had a fairly musical history; my dad grew
      up in Texas and Oklahoma and the family would have Bob Wills and band
      over as guests once in a while - not as musicians but as friends.
      He'd save his change up and go see some of his shows. Our family
      would have a music party once a year. I became interested in guitar
      at about 13 when Dad brought home an old Dobro. My brother Randy
      formed a band in Jr. High and to this day plays professionally. I
      fooled around with guitar through College but didn't have a real
      direction. At Folklife I gravitated towards the bluegrass sounds -
      but it wasn't until 1981 when Dusty (my wife) took me to the Tumwater
      Bluegrass Festival that I was absolutely hooked. The jamming scene
      impressed me and I knew this was my destiny. I began going to Jess
      Spromberg's monday night jam at his house in Bremerton (still
      happening) and that's where many bands formed - among them Caravan,
      Rural Delivery, Ohop Valley Boys, etc.

      Bluegrass music is a part of my everyday life and I'm grateful for
      all the joy it has given me through the years.

      Greg