Blue Moon Festival

  • Mike & Candie
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2007
      Hi from Mike & Candie and Hardshell Harmony. We are looking forward to
      seeing old friends and making many new friends at this festival. We
      have
      gone to Goldendale and seen the camp spots and the ball fields that
      will
      be used for camping and there is plenty of room for all to join in. A
      wonderful setting for a festival and easy access. Also there is plenty
      of history to explore in the area for non musicians, hikers, rock
      hounds
      & others. Exciting time it will be, and we hope this will be the first
      of many years that Goldendale will hold a bluegrass festival during
      this weekend. Kudos to Lorraine and Sharon for all their hard work and
      planning. See you there !!... Hardshell Harmony
    • Mike & Candie
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2007
        Hello Folks,
        An early indicator of this festival is the first fifty happy campers
        pulled into Goldendale and set up before dark on Wednesday. The stage
        is nearly finished and friends from the far north and the far south
        of the northwest have merged on this one and it will be a dandy.
        There is plenty of room and it's not likely we can fill these fields
        and the only thing that will be hotter in Goldendale is the bluegrass
        music. Last night the moon was so large and so bright we could read
        words on the page without lanterns. There is a state of the art
        skateboard park in the park also a community pool for the kids and
        the downtown core shopping area is within a half mile of the park. If
        horseshoes is your game then your gonna love this one. Professional
        players are abundant in Goldendale and Jim Link has made it possible
        for anyone wishing to play and I think he's looking for a good
        challenge. Lorraine is going around the park welcoming everyone and
        working on last minute details. The parking is on your own and while
        it is easy to get through and marking is a little vague however they
        are keeping a fire lane through the park so keep this in mind when
        your pulling in. We hope this works out for a festival here every
        year. Were just kicking back and enjoying the great weather pickin
        away and meeting new people. Be sure to stop by and sing a tune if
        you get a chance. Hardshell Harmony will take the main stage at 6:00
        PM tonight and we will see you again at the amphitheatre at the
        observatory at 9:30 PM until they turn on the telescope and start
        looking at the stars. Fri. and Sat. shows are at 2:00 PM on the main
        stage. Hope to see you all there. Hardshell Harmony.
      • Gene
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2007
          Keep the reports coming through the weekend! I sure would rather be up
          there than down here. LOL! When I visited the park with Lorraine a
          couple weeks ago it looked like a great place to hold an event. I
          agree that there's no way they are going to run out of room to put
          camping rigs. Those are some very big areas for people.

          Keep us posted.