Dale Adkins Teaches OLT Class

  • Tim Dawdy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2007
      This week�s Old Liberty Theater instructor is Dale Adkins from Salem,
      Oregon. With more than twenty years of musical experience, guitarist
      Dale Adkins brings both exceptional creativity and virtuoso
      instrumental ability to the stage as well as the recording studio.
      Dale has taught guitar at the "Bluegrass at the Beach" workshop
      hosted by Laurie Lewis since 1993.

      "Dale's solos are tastefully arranged and skillfully executed. His
      playing is clean, his tone powerful, and his breaks exciting."
      Flatpick Guitar Magazine

      "Arguably one of the West Coast�s best flatpick guitarists."
      Bluegrass Now

      Come join us for this week�s class. Dobro, Mandolin, Guitar, Banjo,
      Bass and Autoharp are taught in a friendly supportive group class.
      The Old Liberty Theater class is very beginner friendly. It is set up
      in three phases:

      (1) 7:00 to 8:00 is a formal basic group lesson. This lesson is
      really basic. Each class has a lead instructor and two-three
      assistants that are available for personal attention. Every week we
      have a different lead instructor.

      (2) 8:00-9:30 The group separates and the intermediates go to the
      lobby and jam. The beginners stay with the instructor and have a slow
      jam.

      (3) 9:30-11:00 We move next-door to the Pub and have a fast jam where
      the advanced students and instructors tear-it-up. Many beginners come
      next door and get a beer or have some food.

      New players and veteran musicians alike will enjoy this class. Come
      join us.
      Drop-In Students are Always Welcome!

      Old Liberty Theater
      115 N. Main
      Ridgefield, Wa
      (360) 887-7260
      $5.00 for Class & Jam
      www.oldlibertytheater.com
      For detailed info: beardvc@...
      Ridgefield Washington is 20 minutes North of Portland on I-5, exit 14

      Our Outstanding Instructors for February 2007 are:

      02-06-07 Dale Adkins
      02-13-07 George Chudacoff
      02-20-07 Darrell Johnson
      02-27-07 Ian Joel

      Remember
      Playing Music, Have Fun and Making Friends is our primary objective!
      Come on down and join us!

      Tim Dawdy

    • jake@crescentbeachguitar.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2007
        Dale Adkins is arguably one of North America's best flatpick guitarists
        and those of you close enough to attend are lucky indeed!

        He has his own sound & style, as do David Grier, Tony Rice, Scott
        Nygaard and Bryan Sutton. You can tell right away who is playing, and I
        think Dale's feel for the melody and his adaptive tone put him near the
        very top.

        And he's a grteat harmony singer too!

        Jake

        Crescent Beach Guitar
        Setup & Repair for all Stringed Instruments
        Santa Cruz Guitar Authorized Warranty Repair Centre
        www.crescentbeachguitar.com