hello

  • Greetings to all
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 16, 2001
      does anyone know how I go about getting removed , I am seldom on the computer and really don't want to get the emails from the list.
      thank you for your help.. Ron
    • Neal Woodall
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 25, 2008
        my name is neal woodall....i live in olympia, wa. and have been playing folk and bluegrass style music forever...i am 60 and have been playing since i was 17 or so...i think...anyway, i love this music....my principle instrument is the guitar but i just bought a collings mandolin at "wintergrass" this past saturday and have been giving it a beginner's workout already.....i have a question to whomever might be able to answer this......i'm wondering how a strap fits on this style mandolin...there's a peg on the bottom for one connection but i don't see how to connect the strap to the top part......the mandolin is a "collings mt"(it has just a heavenly sound and it is so light to the touch...i bought it from the dusty strings vendor....i was so excited when i was purchasing this that it didn't occur to me at the time to ask this question)....anyway i hope that i've done this right because i am all but totally computer illiterate.....

      • Pete Goodall
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 25, 2008
          Hey Neal,

          Mandopete here - I live just up the road from you here in Snohomish and play mandolin as well. I think you're referring to how to attach a strap to an "A style" mandolin. I have an oval-hole A style and I attach one end of the strap to the end pin at the back of the mandolin (behind the bridge). On the other end I just run a piece of string under the mandolin strings behind the nut to attach it the other end of the strap (there's usually a hole on both ends). Recently I purchased a clip the allows the strap to disconnect easily and you can find those at Dusty Strings as well.

          Another great resource for mandolin related queries is the Mandolin Cafe at www.mandolincafe.com

          Seen Ya!
          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 26, 2008
            hi pete...thanks so much for the info...i will try it....i'm just getting started on the mandolin and am enjoying it so very much.....i believe it is an "a" style mandolin.....take care and thanks again.....~neal

            ____________ _________ _________ __
            > To: nwbluegrass@ yahoogroups. com
            > From: nealwoodall111@ yahoo.com
            > Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:04:10 -0800
            > Subject: [nwbluegrass] hello
            >

            > my name is neal woodall....i live in olympia, wa. and have been playing folk and bluegrass style music forever...i am 60 and have been playing since i was 17 or so...i think...anyway, i love this music....my principle instrument is the guitar but i just bought a collings mandolin at "wintergrass" this past saturday and have been giving it a beginner's workout already..... i have a question to whomever might be able to answer this......i' m wondering how a strap fits on this style mandolin...there' s a peg on the bottom for one connection but i don't see how to connect the strap to the top part......the mandolin is a "collings mt"(it has just a heavenly sound and it is so light to the touch...i bought it from the dusty strings vendor....i was so excited when i was purchasing this that it didn't occur to me at the time to ask this question)... .anyway i hope that i've done this right because i am all but totally computer illiterate.. ...

            > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. http://tools. search.yahoo. com/newsearch/ category. php?category= shopping

            Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power.
            http://club. live.com/ star_shuffle. aspx?icid= starshuffle_ wlmailtextlink_ jan

          • Bill Martin
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 26, 2008
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 27, 2008
                they're great with butter and garlic!!!!!!!

                Seriously? Do they eat mandolins... ? Yuk.

              • Matthew Snook
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 23, 2010
                  But do they carry the Old Black Diamond brand?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
                    Looks like Pete is going out Saturday night.

                    Dave
                  • Joe
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 1, 2010
                      --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Pete Goodall <petekbcs@...> wrote:

                      > Hi!
                      > How are you doing these days?
                      > I bought one pair of high heels and leather shoes on the online shop

                      LOL... Pete, there's obviously a song here somewhere ..... "high heels & leather"?

                      Folks on this list ... Pete's hotmail email addy has obviously been hijinked by a spammer. Pls don't re-post the spammer's website URL link onto Nwbluegrass. We delete all spam from our message archives.

                      Thanx