Re: NWbluegrass chatroom?

  • Joe Ross
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
      --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Gene" <sweatysocks2@...> wrote:
      > Anybody interested in having a weekly chatroom set up so we can "get
      > together" and talk in "real time" sessions? ..... If there's some
      interest, I would suggest a
      > mid-week evening...maybe Wednesdays at around 8:00 PM?

      Hi Gene,
      Over the years, we've certainly tried chats on nwbluegrass. It will
      take a core group of committed, interested people who promise (or at
      least make valiant attempts) to be there regularly to make them work.
      Their success will also depend on how many problems people have with
      the technology itself ... the yahoo chat feature. The one we had
      available sometimes worked great; other times it was very frustrating
      with people continually getting bumped from the chatroom. In fact,
      the "chat" feature is no longer a menu item for these yahoogroups as
      yahoo wanted to start pushing their "instant messenger" and other
      similar services a few years ago. If you tell me where to go and how to
      get there, I'll try to be there between 8-8:30 this evening to support
      a chat.
      Joe
    • David Russell
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
        I think an online chat would be cool

        David L. Russell
        Editor-in-Chief
        The Bluegrass Journal

        http://www.thebluegrassjournal.com

        http://www.hotbanjolicks.com

        http://www.larewilliams.com

      • Chris Palmer
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
          I would participate in a chat room, at least some weeks. Chris
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
            I think it's a great idea, Gene. Been tried before with limited participation. Maybe if we give out our birthdates it would be better???? I would never tell Nikki's but it's exactly the same as mine, 7 May 49, she is 30 minutes younger than me.

            --
            Clyde Clevenger
            Just My Opinion, But It's Right!

            From: "Gene" <sweatysocks2@...>
            > Anybody interested in having a weekly chatroom set up so we can "get
            > together" and talk in "real time" sessions? It's easy enough to set up
            > a chatroom through Yahoo with a link over on the left with the rest of
            > the links. We could have a set time each week where people could join
            > in and yak away. Might be a pretty cool thing to be able to talk like
            > that periodically? If there's some interest, I would suggest a
            > mid-week evening...maybe Wednesdays at around 8:00 PM?
            >
            > What do you say? Anyone interested?

          • Gene
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
              ...she is 30 minutes younger than me.

              Clyde, you cradle robber! LOL!
            • ariesannah
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 2, 2006
                --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Gene" <sweatysocks2@...> wrote:

                > Anybody interested in having a weekly chatroom set up so we can "get
                > together" and talk in "real time" sessions? It's easy enough to set up
                > a chatroom through Yahoo with a link over on the left with the rest of
                > the links. We could have a set time each week where people could join
                > in and yak away. Might be a pretty cool thing to be able to talk like
                > that periodically? If there's some interest, I would suggest a
                > mid-week evening...maybe Wednesdays at around 8:00 PM?
                >
                > What do you say? Anyone interested?
                >Hey Brothers and Sisters,
                I'm usually available in the evenings and would be intersted in
                having a real time chat about the wiles of the all mighty bluegrass...
                Count me in!