Bluegrass Birthdays

  • Ken Cartwright
    Message 1 of 1912 , Oct 6, 2001
      Bluegrass Birthdays for October 6, 2001
      Ray Deaton 1952, Terry Baucom 1952, Richard Bennett 19262, Art Wooten died 1986.
      As for the Mark Newton album winning the IBMA album event of the year award, I have listened to it several times, and it doesn't hold up to a lot of play. I don't get it! KBOO doesn't either as I rarely hear cuts from it being presented by either the women or men there. I think this one is strictly political, but hey, it's not the first time. What would I have chose? Charles Sawtelle "Music From Rancho De Ville". But that's my opinion, what's yours?

      Don't forget the Concert at the Elsinore Theater in Salem tonight! Molly Bloom, Roundhouse and The Sawtooth Mountain Boys. Showtime is 7 P.M. and tickets are available at the door. For more information call 503-873-9611. See ya, there. Kenc
      Message 1912 of 1912 , Jan 20, 2010
        Mason,

        I agree. All my contracts state that we are independent contractors and are responsible for all taxes. I also describe the purchaser as "authorized representative" instead of "employer".

        To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
        From: mltrking2003@...
        Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:27:02 +0000
        Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Music Contract Form

        I don't know about Wa. but in Oregon if you are an employer (as this contract states) you are liable for all income taxes, State unemployment taxes, FICA (SSI), medicare and, workmans comp. insurance! Myself, as a promoter,I would never sign this contract naming myself as an employer, you think ascap is bad........try going up against the government

        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Shelah Spiegel <ifiddler@...> wrote:

        ---SNIP---