Re: [nwbluegrass]Josh Graves passes on

  • Bill Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
      There had better be a heaven is all I can say. Uncle Josh is the guy who
      originally got me all excited about bluegrass. As a kid I would sit on the floor
      and glue my ear to the grille cloth on our tall old console radio, listening for
      the strange music on the Grand Ole Opry that sounded so old and raised the hairs
      on my neck. Graves and Roy Acuff's Brother Oswald are still the best in my
      opinion. Others can dazzle with their technical complexity but those two old
      guys can make you cry with the simplest melody.

      Bill
    • Mandoholic@Comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
        <Bill Wrote>

        Graves and Roy Acuff's Brother Oswald are still the best in my
        opinion. Others can dazzle with their technical complexity but those two old
        guys can make you cry with the simplest melody.

        <Then Clyde wrights>

        Listening to Josh on KBOO yesterday morning I had almost the exact same thought, Bill. The young'uns amaze me, the old guys move me, and this ain't no circus.

        --
        Clyde Clevenger
        Just My Opinion, But It's Right!

      • jake@crescentbeachguitar.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
          Well said Bill.

          Its not about how many notes, its about the one note that will tear your
          heart out.

          Jake

          Crescent Beach Guitar
          Setup & Repair for all Stringed Instruments
          Santa Cruz Guitar Authorized Warranty Repair Centre
          www.crescentbeachguitar.com