RE: [nwbluegrass] Re: Fruitland Picking

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 3, 2006
      Thanks Joe,
      Of course I was being tongue in cheek with the "725" reminders comment.

      It is interesting to read that many of our listers seem to think the season
      is over for bluegrass events while we are getting fairly constant reminders
      of at least one event.

      Perhaps, we could figure out a way to have a group notification of all of
      the events coming up in the next month in the form of a "events"
      announcement? Much like the calendar on the OBA website.

      That way, instead of 20 announcements about each single event..which could
      lead to several hundred announcements if everyone did it..would be easier to
      "digest"..

      Of course, since I am a personal fan of the Tygh Valley BG festival, I
      wouldn't mind twenty reminders about that event.. but still. Sisters Folk
      Festival, Moograss, and others might benefit from all of us knowing they are
      on the horizon..when they are.

      >From: "Joe Ross" <rossjoe@...>
      ---SNIP---
      >--- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Gensman" <GZsound@...>
      >wrote:
      > >
      > > I would be interested in how many folks from this list actually
      >attend the
      > > Fruitland Picking Party..
      > >
      > > Just a simple test to see if seven hundred and twenty five
      >reminders creates
      > > any results..
      >
      >Hi Mark,
      >It does work as one type of marketing & promotion strategy to simply
      >use sheer numbers of postings to keep an event in the forefront ... I
      >think it will get a few more of our list members out to the pickin'
      >party....or maybe result in a boycott of it 'cuz of all the
      >reminders? ;-)
      >
      >Fruitland runs for ten days, and Dale (promoter that he is)
      >apparently used the nwbg calendar feature to repeat it on each of the
      >ten days (along with two reminders sent tous for each day of the
      >event). It appears that the reminders were requested at 7 and 14 days
      >before each day of the festival.
      >
      >Thus, if my math is correct, we'd get a max 20 reminders. ;-@>
      >Even tho it may seem like 725 ...... It's a lot of reminders. Rather
      >than get the three remaining reminders (the 7-day reminders for Sept.
      >9, 10, and 11), I will go ahead and cancel those out last three
      >pending ones as a moderator. I agree with you and Jim that we've
      >probably gotten enough posts about the Fruitland Pickin' Party.
      >
      >Bottomline ... Dale used the calendar feature properly, and I
      >personally hope that they got a great turnout as a result for the
      >pick party where? In Fruitland of course!
      >
      >Hang in there ....
      >Joe

    • Joe Ross
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 3, 2006
        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Gensman" <GZsound@...> wrote:
        > Perhaps, we could figure out a way to have a group notification of
        all of
        > the events coming up in the next month in the form of a "events"
        > announcement? Much like the calendar on the OBA website.

        Hi Mark,
        I have set up Nwbluegrass links to OBA, WBA, INBA, IBA, and a few other
        organizations. That would be totally great if you'd be willing to
        compile a monthly events notification from those locations and then
        post it to nwbluegrass. It would be a great way to stay informed and
        plan ahead.

        Another real helpful thing would be to encourage event promoters to
        just join Nwbluegrass. That way, they could take advantage of this
        forum to keep all 896 of us informed with the latest breaking news
        about their festivals.

        See ya