A CD Review

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2006
      I thought I would post something about a CD I recieved recently. It is a
      solo project by our own Dale Adkins, who many know as a great talent on the
      guitar.

      His CD is titled "Alone In The Red Room", and that is exactly what this CD
      is all about. Just Dale playing by himself on a pristine sounding guitar
      with recording equipment as good (and expensive) as it gets and the finished
      result is a wonderful effort.

      Dale is playing Dennis Burk's 1939 Martin D-18. A wonderful sounding
      instrument.

      One thing that guitar players will appreciate is that Dale gives the key,
      tuning, and chord progression for the songs. I would think this CD would
      make an excellent teaching tool for anyone who wants to learn how to play
      guitar with restraint and taste.

      After hearing this CD, I am now waiting for winter to get here. I can only
      imagine how nice it will be to kick back with a warm beverage and let the
      pristine sound of this CD just make everything calm and relaxed.

      Not bluegrass, but an amazing effort from an amazing talent. I highly
      recommend it.

    • ahstocek
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 30, 2006
        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Gensman" <GZsound@...> wrote:

        > I thought I would post something about a CD I recieved recently. It
        is a
        > solo project by our own Dale Adkins, who many know as a great talent
        on the
        > guitar.
        >
        > His CD is titled "Alone In The Red Room",

        Hi Mark,
        Do you know how to get this CD? It sounds like a great project and I
        would really like to check it out.

        Thanks,
        Aaron
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2006
          Dale is on the list. Perhaps he will let us know how you can get a copy of
          it.

          Dale?

          >From: "ahstocek" <ahstocek@...>
          ---SNIP--