Re: [nwbluegrass] Re: WEEKLY SCHEDULE OF EVENTS - JUNE 30 THRU OCT 15, 2006

  • Arthur Noel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30 2:45 PM
      Must be a "Bluegrass anvil", huhh, Joe ??? ;]

      Paul

      Joe Ross <rossjoe@...> wrote:
      Hi,
      Here are a couple more items for the coming week ... if you've never
      been to Riddle's Sawdust Jubilee, then you are really missing a
      celebration. Riddle is about 30 miles south of Roseburg, OR. The
      firemen dig a pit in the football field, fill it with explosives and
      launch a blacksmith's anvil about 75 feet into the air. People cheer
      wildly if it comes down point first and embeds in the field. You can
      also buy tickets for $1 for the privilege of lighting off the 250,000
      firecracker wall.

      I'm doing my solo "Roots of Bluegrass" Show in the Riddle City Park,
      from 3-4 PM on Monday. Then from 5-7 PM on Monday, the full band will
      play a variety of classic bluegrass, jazz, swing, gospel & originals.
      Hope you can stop by to hear some of the music and say Hi.

      piqon.