Re: [nwbluegrass] Closed fests and dressing up

  • eddard
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2006
      Right off the cuff, Vicki adds "Moses Lake." Actually there will be a
      festival in nearby Soap Lake, but Moses Lake isn't the place this time;
      maybe never again.

      The Labor Day feastival in Randle is another which I have heard is going to
      be somewhere and maybe somewhen else if it happens at all. The last rumor I
      heard mentioned Morton; have no information as to the date. Eric Parrill
      is still the man to ask.

      Ray Page will be putting on a festival in Joseph, Oregon during the week
      when the Mt. Hood festival was formerly scheduled.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2006
        I loved that green dress -----even did a sketch of it so my fashion
        inclined daughter could maybe borrow the idea------
        I personally like be visually entertained to--and appreciate it when
        performers care enough about themselves and their audiences to "dress the
        part"---whether its suits, flannel, bibs, or rodeo suits, sequins and lime
        green boots!--its all part of the entertainment------------seeing as how Ive
        been out of town the last few days and got into this conversation late--I
        might be repeating someone elses views---I agee that the clothes shouldnt
        matter- but somehow when I see a bunch of folks dressed like they havent
        changed clothes in 5 days, it distracts me from their so-called talent---I
        do admit though, that up at WG----some of the Mountain Heart and Grascal
        boys all wore jeans and un-tucked shirts--BUT----those shirts were all
        ironed!!!!!!!!!( and those men folk are easy on the eyeballs no matter what
        they wear anyway!!!!)-Kathy--you are such a fashion queen!!!!

      • FibnacciFm@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2006
          Seeing allthese suits e-mails reminds of the years when I played with Gordon
          Lightfoot and Ian and Sylvia at the Cellar Door in Wa. D.C. Down the street
          was The Shamrock Tavern where John Duffy and the Country Gentlemen held forth.
          In those days we all took pride in our audience and no matter how hard or
          long we had to travel we always made sure we had a fresh change of clean clothes,
          prefferably a suit and tie....always respect your audience. If you can't pick
          as wall as Jethro Burns forget shoeless and bib overhauls. Find yourself a
          tailor and learn to pick.
          David Rea