Re: [nwbluegrass] Del

  • Bill Martin
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2006
      From: "Ken Cartwright" <kenc@...>

      > About Cajun influences in bluegrass. NO!
      >
      > "Just my opinion, but I'm Cartwright."

      Oh but you are Cartwrong. Cajun and Mexican music of the 20s-30s had an
      influence on the country music of that time. Bluegrass' stylistic roots are more
      in that era than in post war mid-forties country-western. Contemporary Cajun
      music has a different sound than the early stuff.

      Bill
    • Dale Wagner
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 2, 2006
        And isn't Mexican music greatly influenced by the German polka from Texas?
        Anybody is influenced by any tune they have heard. That is why they don't
        like some tunes.
        Dale
        >> About Cajun influences in bluegrass. NO!
        >>
        >> "Just my opinion, but I'm Cartwright."
        >
        > Oh but you are Cartwrong. Cajun and Mexican music of the 20s-30s had an
        > influence on the country music of that time. Bluegrass' stylistic roots
        > are more
        > in that era than in post war mid-forties country-western. Contemporary
        > Cajun
        > music has a different sound than the early stuff.
        >
        > Bill
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > --

      • Ken Cartwright
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2008
          Happy Birthday to Del McCoury. Today is his 69th birthday.... Maybe he'll get that Vincent
          today... Kenc
        • jlkellyd28@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
            Rhonda? Geez, Ken, what kind of rumors are you trying to start now?

            From: "Ken Cartwright" <kenc@...>
            Happy Birthday to Del McCoury. Today is his 69th birthday.... Maybe he'll get that Vincent
            today... Kenc

          • David Bootes
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
              Speaking of Del.....He will be here in Oregon soon.

              2/10/08 Bend, OR Tower Theatre

              Bootes...

              Ken Cartwright <kenc@...> wrote:
              Happy Birthday to Del McCoury. Today is his 69th birthday.... Maybe he'll get that Vincent
              today... Kenc

            • Tony McCormick
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 2, 2008
                now that's funny!