Re: [nwbluegrass] Drums in bluegrass

  • Bill Martin
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 28 11:47 PM
      From: "Rob Gardner" <cornwhiskeyallstar@...>

      > the clank of the banjo

      Now doesn't that just describe the tone of a banjo to a "T"?

      Bill
    • Bill Martin
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 28 11:52 PM
        From: "Matthew Snook" <matt@...>

        > without offending the hardliners too much (but maybe that's
        > too much to hope for).

        Matt, that's just plain mean, but I suppose its true that we hardliners won't
        stop being offended until we're flatliners! HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!

        Bill
      • Dale Wagner
        Message 3 of 20 , Mar 1, 2006
          I changed mine to a clunk so I could hear myself over it. Stuffed an old
          shirt in it.
          Dale
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 1, 2006
            Bill:

            I was just being amiable--most of the time I don't worry about offending
            people. After all, I'm a clanky banjo player!

            :)

            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 1, 2006
              The jams at Rock Creek keep getting better and better.
              Last night had a great bunch of musicians and the crowd loved it. Lots of applause.

              We always like to see new faces at this jam.
              Washington County/West side needs a jam for the experienced players, and this looks like it is getting there.

              Paul