john paul jones at wintergrass

  • ccgibson12000
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006
      not sure if that has been posted yet or not, but did anyone see JPJ,
      the famed bassist for Led Zeppelin, at Wintegrass?

      Suppoedly he came out and played with Mike Marshall during his
      Brazilian set, and also was hanging out and watching some of the high
      powered jamming going on in suite 2100... and no one knew who he was :)
    • Anna Snook
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2006
        Yes, that was him! Cool, huh?

        _____

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
          Yes, he was there. Met Darol Anger in passing, and one of the things he mentioned is that John Paul Jones of Led Zep was at Wintergrass. One of the reasons I love Wintergrass is that everyone is accesible. No egos or head trips.

          Anna Snook <anna@...> wrote: Yes, that was him! Cool, huh?

          _____

          not sure if that has been posted yet or not, but did anyone see JPJ,
          the famed bassist for Led Zeppelin, at Wintegrass?

          Suppoedly he came out and played with Mike Marshall during his
          Brazilian set, and also was hanging out and watching some of the high
          powered jamming going on in suite 2100... and no one knew who he was :)

          Bluegrass music

          ---------------------------------

        • Chip Russell
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2006
            --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Laurie <laurl1020@...> wrote:

            > Yes, he was there. Met Darol Anger in passing, and one of the things
            he mentioned is that John Paul Jones of Led Zep was at Wintergrass.
            One of the reasons I love Wintergrass is that everyone is accesible.
            No egos or head trips.

            > Anna Snook <anna@...> wrote: Yes, that was him! Cool, huh?

            John Paul Jones is producing the next Uncle Earl cd, and that is the
            main reason that he was at Wintergrass........ that and the G'Earls
            told him that Wintergrass is such a great time!

            Recently, Kristin Andreassen, the guitar player in Uncle Earl was
            looking for a copy of a new song that they had only played live so that
            their new producer "JPJ" could hear it. They turned to me as someone
            that helps to archive live Uncle Earl shows, and I was able to provide
            her copies of three times that they had played it. That is when she
            told me that John Paul Jones was producing.

            Chip