bass amplification

  • banjowag@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2005
      Suzanne,

      We have a really nicely set up old '53 Kay, and we recently put the Realist
      (under the bridge) pick-up on it. From there it goes to a Galleon-Kruger amp,
      and that's for us on stage, and the amp sound goes into our AT-4033.
      Depending on the venue, sometimes we'll send a line from that to a mixer for an
      outdoor venue, or we'll have the sound man mic the amp.

      Our bass player moves around, so a pick-up helps us a lot, and that amp
      on-stage keeps us more together, it's subtle, but very helpful.

      Claire in CA

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2005
        This is the same type system that we use. The only problem arises when the
        bass amp sound in the single large condenser mic is too loud. The sound guy
        has no control at all over the bass.

        That said, after talking with Edgar Meyer and Todd Phillips about what they
        normally use for live performances and in the studio, both said they prefer
        a pickup for live use.

        One nice thing about having a bass amp on stage is the ability the bass
        player has to set their own on stage monitor level.

        >From: banjowag@...
        ---SNIP---