RE: [nwbluegrass] Holly

  • Holly Boyer
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2005
      Yeah Ken I was thinking about refinishing it to a nice lime green color. Then it would REALLY stick out! Of course my fiancé would kill me hehehe. So maybe I should just leave it alone. And Matt, I'm not going to do what Wakefield did to his....Lloyd sounds just fine...especially the strings....they've only been on a year and a half! Well the best to y'all.
      ~the fourth giggle sister

      Matthew Snook <matt@...> wrote:
      I've heard baking them can be a real improvement. You know, for folks who
      can't afford a Michael Kelly.

      :)

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2005
        The thought of baking your mandolin, of course, brings back memories of
        Frank Wakefield. Which of course has me thinking...what do you guys
        think of this...instead of paying $24,000 for one of those
        new "distressed" Gibson mandolins, why not just by a less expense model
        and then send it to Frank for a week or two....that would certainly
        distress it...wouldn't it?