Re: [nwbluegrass] Re: A new member to nwbluegrass

  • Holly Boyer
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2005
      Well in Haines we have a monthly jam, much like the one in La Grande, but it's the fourth Saturday instead of the first Sunday. I try to get to it as often as I can, but with work and all it's kind of hard to find time to jam down there. Mostly I just play at home haha. I don't really know how to get more things going on. The jam seems to work good I think. Lots of people come to listen as I recall from the last time I went. And there SHOULD be a OBA chapter coming soon........Matt, whats the hold up? haha.....so that would be really awesome to be a part of. My dad Duane was a member of the OBA but when his band the Thatchmasters disbanded he let his membership slide. When the EO chapter comes he'll renew membership and I will get one.

      Joe Ross <rossjoe@...> wrote:--- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Holly Boyer <cowgirls103@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hey y'all!
      > I'm sure a bunch of you know me already. For those that don't, I
      am Holly Boyer, 17-year-old bluegrass musician extraordinaire.

      Hi Holly,
      Welcome to Nwbluegrass! And thanks so much for posting the intro. It is
      so nice to hear from the new members who sign onto the group. What's
      the bluegrass scene like over in eastern Ore. near Haines? How do you
      think that we can get some more going on over there? Is an OBA chapter
      going to form over in eastern Oregon?
      See ya.

      Town and country Town country Bluegrass banjo Bluegrass gospel Bluegrass Bluegrass guitar

      ---------------------------------

    • Joe Ross
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2005
        wrote:
        > Well in Haines we have a monthly jam, much like the one in La Grande,
        but it's the fourth Saturday instead of the first Sunday.

        Hiya Holly,
        Please post the time, location, and contact info (both a phone # and
        email addy if possible), and I'll be sure to add the info to our
        nwbluegrass calendar where all the JAMS! are listed. If anyone wishes
        to do so with the upcoming fall jam season almost upon us, our calendar
        system is set up so anyone can add jams (& other info) to there.
        Thanks!