Band scrambles

  • jacklynrissmann@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2005
      Thanks so much to those of you that responded and told me the answers about
      a band scramble is! Jackie.

    • mltrking2003
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2006
        Just thought I would start A new thread. Question- Is it OK, or not OK
        to Plug your bluegrass asso. or an upcoming bluegrass event, to the
        audiance, while the sound people are setting up the mics for your
        band???
      • Dale Wagner
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 16, 2006
          That is as good a time to do it as any - a lot better than taking time from
          the music.
          Talking about plugs, Sept 1 is the start of the pasture picking at
          Fruitland,Wa. This goes on for 10 days. Got all the good stuff like free
          camping, band scramble, potluck picnic and the best people in the world.
          Dale - going to the pasture picking in Libby tomorrow
          > Just thought I would start A new thread. Question- Is it OK, or not OK
          > to Plug your bluegrass asso. or an upcoming bluegrass event, to the
          > audiance, while the sound people are setting up the mics for your
          > band???
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > --

        • Nikki Clevenger
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 16, 2006
            ~~~~~~> Nikki Sez: Of COURSE it is! It's not as though you were
            touting your Watkins products.

            Nik

            --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "mltrking2003" <mltrking2003@...>

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 17, 2006
              Personally, there should be no problem telling the folks about upcoming
              events or plugging a bluegrass association at all.

              The only question I have is regarding the need to do it "while the sound
              people are setting up the mics for your band".

              When I run sound, all the mics except the MC mic are muted, shut off. You
              would be talking through the monitors thinking the PA was on and nobody
              would hear you.

              Why not wait until the system is up and on to make your announcements? I
              frequently need the attention of the band to get ready quickly for their
              sets and if one member is using "my" set up time for announcements, that
              means you should be prepared to have your set cut short..

              I suggest you simply make your announcements during your set.

              >From: "mltrking2003" <mltrking2003@...>
              ---SNIP---
              > Just thought I would start A new thread. Question- Is it OK, or not OK
              >to Plug your bluegrass asso. or an upcoming bluegrass event, to the
              >audiance, while the sound people are setting up the mics for your
              >band???

            • carl smith
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 17, 2006
                Making announcements during the set would take time away from the performance, not sure that would be right.

                Mark Gensman <GZsound@...> wrote: Personally, there should be no problem telling the folks about upcoming