Bluegrass Birthdays

  • Ken Cartwright
    Message 1 of 1912 , Jul 5, 2001
      Bluegrass Birthday for July 5, 2001....
      Billy Baker 1936, Bobby Thompson 1937 Paul Silvius 1954, Mike Drudge 1965(Mike manages artists like Dan Crary)

      I really hope you all had a grand 4th of July as the weather sure was great. Wonderful to hear about Misty River, Severins sell out. I left a July 4th party to go and hear them and found the same thing, sold out, couldn't get in and though I was disappointed, I was delighted to see so many people getting their dose of Bluegrass perhaps for the first time. One gate control person told me that they had over 20,000 people attend. How would you like to play for a crowd of 20,000 people?

      Congratulations to Clyde and Nikki getting moved in to their new place. They showed up a Jam in Eugene Tuesday night a Sam Bonds Garage and we had the first full appearance of the Bush Wackers there. Keep your eyes open for this group......Kenc
      Message 1912 of 1912 , Jan 20, 2010
        Mason,

        I agree. All my contracts state that we are independent contractors and are responsible for all taxes. I also describe the purchaser as "authorized representative" instead of "employer".

        To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
        From: mltrking2003@...
        Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:27:02 +0000
        Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Music Contract Form

        I don't know about Wa. but in Oregon if you are an employer (as this contract states) you are liable for all income taxes, State unemployment taxes, FICA (SSI), medicare and, workmans comp. insurance! Myself, as a promoter,I would never sign this contract naming myself as an employer, you think ascap is bad........try going up against the government

        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Shelah Spiegel <ifiddler@...> wrote:

        ---SNIP---