Re: [nwbluegrass] Winlock Attn: Lee Taylor

  • eddard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      Good to hear from you, Lee, and hope to see you there. I can't remember
      precisely if it's "Free, with a nominal fee for camping;" it seems to me l
      paid both a small admission and a camping fee last year; something like ten
      bucks to get in and ten bucks a day. (I was in a tent.) It's not a real
      expensive festival, but neither is it dirt cheap.

      I've looked, and can't seem to find the prices posted on the net; the
      straight dope is available by email from Libby Bigler
      kentuckygirl@...

      http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Winolequa+Park&btnG=Search gets
      you a City map of Winlock (PDF file) on which it's not too easy to find
      Winolequa park, but the idea is come into Winlock on State Route 505, and
      when you get downtown, follow the thoughtfully placed signs North out of
      town, starting North on E 1st Street and staying with the main path for a
      mile or two, then turn off to the left at the next sign; go downhill into a
      hollow and there you are. The main thing to look out for is don't turn
      right off of Rhoades Road North onto Rhoades Road. That's a bit confusing.

      Please note that Mapquest shows Winolequa park where Winolequa park is not.
      Google maps has it right.

      hope this helps,
      eddard