Re: 1st Sunday Jams

  • goldrb6@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2001
      In the years past, the Portland, Audobon jam was October through
      June...so thats why I questioned the post. Maybe past Jam hosts, Dan
      Howe or Mando Rich can chime in with some insight. I do see though
      in the new edition of the Express that they dont have the restriction.

      --- In nwbluegrass@y..., "joe ross" <rossjoe@h...> wrote:
      > Dennis, Are you asking about the Portland or Waldo Hills jams...or
      both?
      > According to the BG Express, both of them are every month. Does
      someone have
      > a contact name/number for the one at the Audobon Center? Before
      heading out,
      > you can doublecheck the status of the Waldo Hills one by calling
      Wayne
      > Riches at (503)508-3727 or emailing Brad Johnson at
      bjohnson913juno.com.
      > Joe
    • Jennifer Campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2001
        The OBA jams are ON HOLD for the summer months.

        Its listed incorrectly in the Express...it should have always had Oct-May
        like the Coburg listing. Never noticed that!

        Chuck hasn't announced it yet, so I hope I'm not jumping the gun, BUT there
        is great news on the Express front!!!! Claire Levine and Tom Bryson have
        agreed to take up the duties as editors once again! Yipee!!!!

        Jennifer

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2001
          The first Sunday jam of the season at the Audobon Society was a huge
          success. It started slow but we ended up having more people than I
          can remember. I do have to say that I wanted to thank Mando Rich for
          being a truly excellent host. At one point we had a group of Cub
          Scouts saunter in and not only did Rich welcome them but he quized
          them on the various instruments. They ended up leaving several nice
          donations in the kitty. If youve never been, this is very nice venue
          and a fun way to spend a rainy Sunday. Also thanx to Mitch for
          setting up this venue.

          Banjo Dennis