Mollybloom

  • dfay3sneed
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2005
      Mollybloom may not have gotten a paycheck for their great
      performance tonight at the Gresham Little Theater (grange hall)
      but they certain found some more fans. Fischers Hornpipe which
      anyone would agree is hard to play was so good. I've never
      heard Ashokan Farewell played with such emotion. Just wish it
      was available by them on a cd. but I understand that's in the
      works. stage presence, funny, ("lone Granger") okay, you had to
      be there. Who ever does the tune arrangements blends the
      instruments so just when you think you like the fiddle best
      you listen to the mandolin and like that best until the banjo
      blends in. Their harmony--needless to say I now have both of
      their cd's and am looking forward to their next one. I've
      paid big bucks to watch big name performers who didn't put on
      as good a show as Mollybloom did tonight. Donna Faye
    • Kathy Boyd
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2006
        Thanks for the clarification on when Mollybloom is going to be on Artbeat
        Anita. We turned it on last weekend. . . . but no Mollybloom!!! (We did get
        to watch an amazing concert called "Celtic Woman" that was scheduled just
        prior to Artbeat though).

        I'll tell ya folks. You need a copy of Mollybloom's new CD just for the
        Irish tune they do. It's got two names, but one is "Red Haired Boy". I'm
        not sure what they call it on the album. You'll know it when you hear it
        though. It's awesome!

        Kathy B
        Tualatin, OR

        NOW APPEARNG ON THE HORIZON. . . .
        Kathy Boyd & Phoenix Rising
        Check it out! www.phoenixrisingband.org

        Bringing you quality bluegrass music on your time schedule. . . . give us a
        listen today!
        www.uptownbluegrass.com
      • Matthew Snook
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
          Sorry if this is a repost, I can't find that anybody already posted the
          link: http://www.opb.org/programs/artbeat/videos/view/1

          Nice tune. Molly Bloom is certainly one of the more polished bluegrass
          bands around. I wish we could afford to get them out this way more often.

          Molly: this is quite a feather in your cap, and must be pretty good band PR,
          too! Hey, since you're not booked out this way for a while, can we cover
          your tune when we play?

          Matt

          P.S. I know Molly is not a real person.

          _____

          From: Kathy Boyd
          Subject: [nwbluegrass] Mollybloom

          Thanks for the clarification on when Mollybloom is going to be on Artbeat
          Anita. We turned it on last weekend. . . .

        • pdidmh1
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2006
            They played a great show at Mt. Angle Saturday night. The place was packed.
            To celebrate their new cd release there was cake and punch for all. I was
            also able to get the new cd . I have been playing it constantly. I think my
            favorite song is Ashokan Farewll.

            Dave

            _____

            From: Kathy Boyd