Bluegrass Birthdays

  • Ken Cartwright
    Message 1 of 1912 , Apr 2, 2005
      Bluegrass Birthdays for Saturday April 2, 2005.

      Joe Medford 1932, George Marsh 1914, Emmylou Harris 1947,
      Dale Perry 1962, Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver formed 1979,
      Cliff Carlisle died 1983.
      Message 1912 of 1912 , Jan 20, 2010
        Mason,

        I agree. All my contracts state that we are independent contractors and are responsible for all taxes. I also describe the purchaser as "authorized representative" instead of "employer".

        To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
        From: mltrking2003@...
        Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:27:02 +0000
        Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Music Contract Form

        I don't know about Wa. but in Oregon if you are an employer (as this contract states) you are liable for all income taxes, State unemployment taxes, FICA (SSI), medicare and, workmans comp. insurance! Myself, as a promoter,I would never sign this contract naming myself as an employer, you think ascap is bad........try going up against the government

        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Shelah Spiegel <ifiddler@...> wrote:

        ---SNIP---