musicians/bands wanted

  • Charlie Sullivan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 16, 2005
      I am looking for musicians/bands to perform at our Brewpub. You can check us out at the web address below. Please respond via e-mail, with or without music clips. I am interested in traditional Bluegrass to alt.Country with an emphasis on acoustic and minimalist drums.

      Thanks for your interest.

      Charlie Sullivan
      Skagit River Brewery
      360-336-2884
      www.skagitbrew.com

    • Dave Campbell
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 16, 2005
        Is this a non-smoking brew pub?

        -Dave
        (Woodinville, WA)

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 16, 2005
          Charlie,

          How about the Prozac Mtn Boys? We've played with the Dunton Sisters and the Stilly River Band at the Lincoln Theatre, and Mt Baker Theatre in Bellingham, at the Tulip Festival, and at McIntyre Hall next to Skagit Valley College.

          Larry Sult
          The Prozac Mtn Boys
          "uplifting, therapeutic bluegrass"
        • Kathy Boyd
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2005
            Is it just the "Mom" in me, or did most of the bands at Wintergrass (with a
            few exceptions) look like they were ready to kick back, pop a beer, and
            watch the latest football game?

            I know the "style" is to untuck your shirts guys, but I for one am sad to
            see the demise of the "band uniform".

            I like to be able to tell the band from the audience.

            Just my opinion, but I am a Grandmother you know.

            Kathy B.
            Tualatin, OR

            No Strings Attached web site www.nostringsbluegrass.com
            Ground Zero Sound & Promotions web site
            www.groundzerosound.com

            People will forget what you said,
            People will forget what you did,
            But people will never forget how you made them feel!
          • ALLEN LIGHT
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 28, 2005
              You know sister I felt the same way. Bands don't all need to dress like Lost Highway or Doyle Lawson, but as you say they looked for the most part rather sloppy. I think the bands need to realize they are a show and people pay good money to see them. Appearance is part of the show. And by the way your band always looks top notch. Take care sister and keep up the great work you do.

              Allen

              Kathy Boyd <kboyd135@...> wrote:

              Is it just the "Mom" in me, or did most of the bands at Wintergrass (with a
              few exceptions) look like they were ready to kick back, pop a beer, and
              watch the latest football game?

              I know the "style" is to untuck your shirts guys, but I for one am sad to
              see the demise of the "band uniform".

              I like to be able to tell the band from the audience.

              Just my opinion, but I am a Grandmother you know.

              Kathy B.
              Tualatin, OR

              No Strings Attached web site www.nostringsbluegrass.com
              Ground Zero Sound & Promotions web site
              www.groundzerosound.com

              People will forget what you said,
              People will forget what you did,
              But people will never forget how you made them feel!

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              SHARE YOURSELF WITH OTHERS

            • Pete Goodall
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 28, 2005
                You folks must have missed David Keenan. :)