Re: bluegrass trivia

  • Joe Ross
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30 9:40 PM
      --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "fuzzywaypurcell"
      <fuzzywaypurcell@n...> wrote:
      > > In 1972, Country Gazette featured Byron Berline and Alan Munde.
      > They opened for the Flying Burrito Brothers on their European tour
      in January. How did they spend their summer that year?

      Hi,
      Going to Europe or recording are good guesses, but the answer is that
      Country Gazette spent their summer vacation in '72 playing gigs at
      Disneyland. I'll bet that was fun.
      Joe
    • justflower
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2004
        I know someone else (local) who played/worked at Disneyland playing
        the banjo...Larry Bulich aka Wilder ( Dejeblue of Portland, Or.)
        played there a lot. David sez, also...Paul Shelasky (sp?) also
        played there, & at Disneyworld... Talltinber w/Chubby Anthony was
        the 'houseband' for years.
        Flower
        > Hi,
        > Going to Europe or recording are good guesses, but the answer is
        that
        > Country Gazette spent their summer vacation in '72 playing gigs at
        > Disneyland. I'll bet that was fun.
        > Joe
      • Shelah Spiegel
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 4, 2004
          justflower <justflower@...> wrote: I know someone else (local) who played/worked at Disneyland playing the banjo...Larry Bulich aka Wilder

          More trivia -- Larry and I worked at Knotts Berry Farm together and travelled to Japan to play at the sister park there! Lots of stories there <g>.

          shelah