Re: [nwbluegrass] Wheel Hoss?

  • eddard
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
      Duh. I should have remembered that you know this stuff, Steve.

      And having said
      "Nobody in my real world calls those equine critters "hosses," but I *did*
      hear 'em do it in the Western Movies,"

      I now proceed to eat my words. Steve Blanchard has been there, behind that
      team; listen up, folks.

      Fun thread, at least for me... aren't we here to do things like this?

      And please pass the salt,
      eddard

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
        That is what Elmer Fudd says when he looks a Clydesdale or a Morgan.

        "Wow! that is a wheel hoss"

        Or Babwa Wawa for that matter.
        jimbo
      • JoAnne/Clyde Clevenger
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
          > ~~~~~~~~~>Nikki sez: So does a wheel hoss have a turkey knob?

          > . Anyway, I hope this helps.  Giddy Up!
          >
          > Steve Blanchard
          >
          > eddard <eddard@...> wrote:
          > That's easy.  "Wheel Hoss" is a bluegrass tune.

        • Dale Wagner
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
            It's the one closest to the wheels.
            Dale W who also has been known to work a horse or two
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2004
              Only if it is an Iron Hoss.

              -Dave
              (Woodinville, WA)

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 4, 2004
                --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "tony" <troutman101@h...> wrote:
                > Does anyone have the slightest idea what a Wheel Hoss is? There
                were
                > 5 different definitions being passed around by 5 people last night.
                > Does anyone have the real definition?

                There's been plenty of good definitions, but I also heard a while
                back that you didn't hook up just any hoss in the wheel hoss
                position. They had to be rather broad across the posterior to take
                the wagon smacking them in the rump on the downhill grades. Just my
                2 bits.