Re: Bluegrass Birthdays

  • David Stevenson
    Message 1 of 1912 , Aug 1, 2004
      Can hardly believe Hank has left us. He was a true original and a
      presence that shall be sorely missed. I would think many in this
      egroup might appreciate the duo album he made with Charlie Haden
      several years ago. A classic of masterful understated playing.

      --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Cartwright" <kenc@w...>

      Message 1912 of 1912 , Jan 20, 2010
        Mason,

        I agree. All my contracts state that we are independent contractors and are responsible for all taxes. I also describe the purchaser as "authorized representative" instead of "employer".

        To: nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com
        From: mltrking2003@...
        Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:27:02 +0000
        Subject: [nwbluegrass] Re: Music Contract Form

        I don't know about Wa. but in Oregon if you are an employer (as this contract states) you are liable for all income taxes, State unemployment taxes, FICA (SSI), medicare and, workmans comp. insurance! Myself, as a promoter,I would never sign this contract naming myself as an employer, you think ascap is bad........try going up against the government

        --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, Shelah Spiegel <ifiddler@...> wrote:

        ---SNIP---