Maltby Jam

  • Jan L Jones
    Message 1 of 30 , May 2, 2001
      Just a reminder....the Maltby jam is this Saturday!!!

                          Maltby Community Club....1st. Saturday every month
                                                                        (except  July and Sept. 2001 )
                                                                       Doors open.....2pm for jamming
                                                                       Potluck Dinner..6pm
                                                                        Open Mike..........7-10pm
                                                                        Jamming cont.,...10pm-????

                  206th street S.E.  & 87th Ave. S.E.  Maltby ( Snohomish) Wa.
                                                 info.    (360)  568-3685.......Jan

    • Jan L Jones
      Message 2 of 30 , May 31, 2001
        Its the Maltby Jam...1st. Saturday of the month.....2pm-12am (or much
        later ).A reminder: our summer schedule....no jams in July ( take your
        kids for a picnic!!!).....or September ( we all head for the Chilliwack
        bluegrass Festival in B.C.).......but we will be there for our August
        Summer Jam, and the new season starts all over again..Oct. thru
        July.......this seems to work for us..were there 10 months out of the
        year, besides our annual Concert in March. Folklife was blessed with
        beautiful weather this year...good crowds. and lots of pickers on the old
        Bluegrass Hill....we all wonder where they'll put us in the years to
        come...won't seem the same without the hill there!!! Had fun with Kim and
        those Roundhouse boys, they put on a spontaneous "house-concert" on the
        Bagley Wright Stage...rain was coming down,so they filled the stage with
        folding chairs and invited the audience on stage......a full house! Hope
        your holiday was warm and pleasant....Jan
      • Dave Campbell
        Message 3 of 30 , Jan 4, 2002
          I'd like to put in a plug for the Maltby Jam this Saturday and the 1st
          Saturday of each month. The Maltby Jam was a key factor in allowing me to
          ease back into bluegrass after an extended hiatus. The folks are always
          supportive, the jamming suits all levels, the audience is always
          appreciative during the open mic, and to top it off there are the great
          potluck offerings. It is also a great place for bands to try out new
          material. (I understand from reliable sources that Fidelity Grange as well
          as some other bands will be doing exactly that this weekend.) If you are
          with a band, interested in starting a band, between bands, just starting to
          play, or just like to listen to good music, Maltby is a pretty significant
          place in the Northwest to get in touch with the local music scene and some
          of the people involved in it.

          Thanks Jan for all of your hard work and dedication.

          Best Regards,
          Dave
        • Ariel4thou@aol.com
          Message 4 of 30 , Jan 4, 2002
            Once more ... what time does the Maltby shindig start?

            Cathy

          • Dave Campbell
            Message 5 of 30 , Jan 4, 2002
              Folks usually start showing up between 2:00 and 3:00 and build from there.
              Potluck around 6:30, open mic starts at 7:30 with more jamming afterwards
              until...

              Message 6 of 30 , Feb 1 12:52 PM
                Hello Lister Dears,

                Any news/rumors about who might be performing at the Maltby Jam tomorrow
                evening?

                Thank you, Beth
              • Dave Campbell
                Message 7 of 30 , Feb 1 2:23 PM
                  There will probably be some good bands there, particularly with Wintergrass
                  coming up. I know that Back Burner will be performing, probably late. We
                  usually like to close out the show.

                  -Dave

                  > Any news/rumors about who might be performing at the Maltby Jam tomorrow
                  > evening?
                  >
                  > Thank you, Beth
                • Dave Campbell
                  Message 8 of 30 , Feb 3 5:08 PM
                    Hey Beth it was great to meet you at Maltby last night, see you at
                    Wintergrass.

                    -Dave

                    Message 9 of 30 , Jun 3, 2002
                      As I'm working on my own personal Bluegrass calendar for the summer I seem
                      to recall that there were a couple of months that the Maltby Jam did not
                      occur. Is that correct or am I dreaming? It shows up every month on the
                      nwbluegrass calendar. I may be getting it confused with the Northbend jam
                      that skips July & December.

                      Also any info. or opinions out there on the Rainier Pickin Festival or The
                      Anderson Island Bluegrass festival? I'm trying to get in as many family
                      friendly camping type festivals in this summer. Darrington is of course on
                      the list and possibly the String Summit.

                      Thanks,

                      Randy James

                    • Dave Campbell
                      Message 10 of 30 , Jun 3, 2002
                        The is no Maltby Jam in July and September.

                        You might add the St. Helens Festival in Toledo, WA. That is one of our
                        favorites.

                        -Dave
                        (Woodinville, WA)
                      • jan l jones
                        Message 11 of 30 , Jun 4, 2002
                          Hi Randy...your right, there are 2 months out of the year when the Maltby
                          Jam does'nt happen. Thats in JULY and SEPTEMBER.......August is our
                          Summer jam and we "resurface" for our monthly scheduled jams in Oct.
                          Thank you for reminding me,I should have put that in our jam listing.
                          jan
                        • Jan L Jones
                          Message 12 of 30 , Aug 31, 2002
                            Reminder......we take a "break" in Sept. ( catching up on things after a
                            Summer of Festivals ). But we'll all be there and the coffee will be
                            ready the 1st Saturday of Oct. ......so join us for the start of our new
                            season at the Maltby Community Club. We sure had a good time at
                            Chilliwack, and the rain did'nt start til early Monday morning....we were
                            all a little soggy but hey it always seems to rain as we take the tents
                            down.....its tradition !!!!!! jan
                          • Dave Campbell
                            Message 13 of 30 , Aug 5, 2003
                              Just a quick note on the Maltby Summer Jam this past weekend. We were
                              expecting a lighter turn out than usual with the new Ranch Grass Festival
                              and other conflicts on the same weekend, and a lot of the regulars were
                              indeed absent, but there were a number of new players, and we were surprised
                              by the number of new listeners that came to participate in the potluck and
                              watch the show. We ended up having to get out some more chairs. None of
                              the regular bands were there intact so folks formed a number of pick-up
                              bands to do the show. It was a lot of fun. Matthew had the sound dialed
                              right in and the audience really seemed to enjoy it. Thanks Jan for another
                              fun Saturday at Maltby.

                              -Dave
                              (Woodinville, WA)
                            • Jan L Jones
                              Message 14 of 30 , Dec 1, 2004
                                Just a reminder: Grab a cup of coffee and keep warm at the Maltby Jam
                                this Saturday, Dec.4th.....doors open at 2pm for jamming......kids jam at
                                3pm.....potluck dinner at 6pm.....open mike, 7pm10pm....jamming til you
                                get tired !!! Hope to see you there. jan
                              • Jan L Jones
                                Message 15 of 30 , Apr 1, 2005
                                  Reminder: First Saturday of April.....must be the Maltby Jam ! Maltby
                                  Community Club, 1811 206th St. SE. Snohomish, Wa. Hope to see you
                                  there for a whole day and evening of Bluegrass music. Doors open at 2pm
                                  for jamming, Kids Jam hosted by Dave Campbell at 3pm, Potluck dinner
                                  at 6pm, Open Mike 7-10pm , Jamming continues 10-??.......Everyone
                                  welcome, comfortable, non-smoking venue. info: (360) 568-3685 jan
                                • Jan L Jones
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Jan 4, 2006
                                    Maltby Bluegrass Jam:
                                    Reminder: If you can't get down to the RIVER CITY Festival in
                                    Portland....you can still get some Bluegrass music and jamming here at
                                    the Maltby Community Club. Its the 1st Sat of the month jam...doors open
                                    at 2pm for jamming, potluck dinner at 6pm, and open mike starts at
                                    7pm.....jamming starts up again after the open mike.........acoustic
                                    music, smoke free, coffees always on, and our children are all smart,
                                    beautiful, talented and well behaved !!!
                                    Maltby Community Club 8711 206th Ave. SE. Snohomish, Wa. info. Jan
                                    ( 360) 568-3685
                                  • Bill Martin
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Jan 4, 2006
                                      Good grief! For a glorified crossroads Maltby sure keeps its name out front.
                                      There was an article in the local rag this morning (Vancouver, WA) all about
                                      Maltby's incorporation movement.

                                      Bill
                                    • Jan L Jones
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Jan 5, 2006
                                        Hi Bill, yeah...thats Maltby...just a hot bed of controversy ( and a
                                        nice place to play music too)!!! jan
                                      • janet l jones
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Aug 30, 2006
                                          A Reminder......theres NO Maltby Jam in Sept. ....we all head for the
                                          border ( Canadian that is ) and attend one of our very favorite
                                          festivals...Chilliwack Bluegrass Festival... Sept. 1-3 in Chilliwack BC
                                          We'll be back and on schedule in Oct ( 1st Sat, Oct 1st) and each month
                                          after that..........if we don't see you at Chilliwack. hope to see you at
                                          the next jam. Jan
                                        • jake@crescentbeachguitar.com
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Aug 31, 2006
                                            Hi Jan.

                                            Is it your favourite festival because you guys almost always win the
                                            corn shucking contest?

                                            Or is it the great people you meet in the line up while munching your
                                            free corn?

                                            Or maybe the nice free showers?

                                            We'll see you there!

                                            Jake

                                            Crescent Beach Guitar
                                            Setup & Repair for all Stringed Instruments
                                            Santa Cruz Guitar Authorized Warranty Repair Centre
                                            www.crescentbeachguitar.com

                                          • janet l jones
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Oct 4, 2006
                                              FYI: Maltby Bluegrass Jam will be in full swing and ready to start its
                                              new season...Saturday,.Oct 7th....join us at the Maltby Community Club
                                              8711 206th Ave. SE. Snohomish ( Maltby) Wa. .....doors open at 2pm for
                                              jamming, potluck dinner at 6pm, Open mike starts at 7pm....more jamming
                                              afterwards. The coffee is always on...come and make some new friends and
                                              visit and jam with the old friends. This is a family event , come and
                                              enjoy an evening of acoustic music . info: (360)568-3685
                                            • janet l jones
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Nov 2, 2006
                                                FYI: The Maltby Bluegrass Jam will be up and running on Saturday,
                                                Nov.4th........doors open for jamming at 2 PM, Potluck dinner at 6PM, and
                                                Open Mike at 7PM...jamming til ??
                                                Come and join us, all acoustic music, family friendly, at the
                                                historical Maltby Community Club
                                                8711 206th Ave. SE. Snohomish ( Maltby), Wa. info: (360) 568-3685
                                              • janet l jones
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Jan 5, 2007
                                                  Start the year right, come to the Maltby Bluegrass Jam on Saturday,
                                                  Jan.6..........doors open at 2pm, a warm place to jam and listen to the
                                                  music. Potluck and Open Mike too.
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , May 3, 2007
                                                    FYI: Maltby Bluegrass Jam...1st Saturday of the
                                                    month....thats May 5th, hope to see you there. Doors open at 2pm for
                                                    jamming, Potluck dinner at 6pm, Open Mike at 7-10pm,
                                                    then jamming continues. Coffees always on, no admission fee, a family
                                                    venue.
                                                    Maltby Community Club 8711-206th Ave. SE Snohomish, Wa. (
                                                    Maltby area) for info. call (360)568-3685
                                                  • janet l jones
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Jul 31, 2007
                                                      Its the August Summer Jam at the Maltby Community Club....Aug 4th,
                                                      doors open at 2pm. for jamming, potluck at 6pm....open mic at 7pm,
                                                      jamming continues !!! Rocky will have his famous coffee brewing and this
                                                      month the sound will be provided by the 3 Generations Band ( to give Dave
                                                      a break and let him do some jamming).
                                                      So come join us next weekend at the Maltby Community Club. 8711 206th
                                                      SE Snohomish ( Maltby) Wa. info: (360) 568-3685
                                                      PS. We'll be at the Chilliwack, BC Festival next month.....no jam at
                                                      Maltby in Sept.....but we'll be here the 1st Sat. of each mo. starting in
                                                      Oct. Enjoy the Festivals, Jan
                                                    • janet l jones
                                                      Message 26 of 30 , Jan 2, 2008
                                                        Happy 2008 everyone.......start the New Year with music and join us at
                                                        the Maltby Jam this coming Saturday, Jan. 5th.......at the Historic
                                                        Maltby Community Club
                                                        8711 - 206th Ave SE. Snohomish ( Maltby) Wa. Doors open at 2pm for
                                                        jamming, enjoy the potluck dinner at 6pm, and the open mic. at
                                                        7pm....jamming continues.
                                                        Acoustic instruments, a family event.....for info. call (360)
                                                        568-3685
                                                      • janet l jones
                                                        Message 27 of 30 , Jun 3, 2008
                                                          Join us at the Maltby Jam on Saturday, June 7th.....*.this is our
                                                          final jam til August, so mark your calendars.!!!

                                                          * Were always gone in July and Sept attending some of those many
                                                          Bluegrass Festivals throughout the NW......hope to see you at some of
                                                          them.
                                                          We'll be back for our annual Pickin' and Potluck in August at the
                                                          Community Club...same time ( 2pm) but no open mic........just jamming !!!
                                                          See you next Saturday...Maltby Community Club 8711 206th Ave SE
                                                          Snohomish, Wa. Doors open at 2pm, Potluck at 6pm, and open mic at
                                                          7pm....sign up early !!
                                                          info: call (360) 568-3685
                                                          Click here for great computer networking solutions!
                                                          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3oHgMSYv8sMXitlviZTNKoYTpMUgnvcorXbD4kgtf1mZsRgs/
                                                        • moneycreekbluegrass
                                                          Message 28 of 30 , Feb 7 8:12 AM
                                                            Want to thank everyone for a great time at the jam Saturday night! It's always a treat to see my old friends and make new ones. What a nice mix of performers. Still the best jam in the region! Thanks Jan and Bill for the opportunity to sing with the girls. I still remember Berit Johansen singing at about that age and now look how far she's come! Those two little ones could be next!

                                                            LuAnn
                                                          • jlj35@juno.com
                                                            Message 29 of 30 , Feb 7 10:20 AM
                                                              Hi Luann, always glad to have you at Maltby...and for stepping in and helping the little girls, did you get my e-mail from Berit...shes doing a lot of performances at Shoreline etc. Jan

                                                              Kill Your Wrinkles
                                                              Mom Reveals Shocking $5 method for erasing wrinkles...Doctors hate her
                                                              http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4d503865d91871bbb66st06duc
                                                            • eric
                                                              Message 30 of 30 , Feb 8 8:47 AM
                                                                I have set up a flickr maltby jam group of which anyone can view on flickr. If you have a flickr account you can add any pictures taken at the Maltby jam to the group.
                                                                http://www.flickr.com/groups/maltbyjam/

                                                                and of course they are also on my flickr site along with my other bluegrass pictures from area festivals among my flickr sets and collections.

                                                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/armadilo60/

                                                                Thanks, Eric in Everett