new to the list

  • ted sickinger
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2001
      Greetings,

      New to the list, new to the Northwest (about 6 months), and looking for some pickers in the Portland area. Lets see...I feel like I'm on the dating game. I'm of medium build...no make that medium ability, playing guitar for about 15 years, into bluegrass for the last three years or so. Started out flatpicking in a blaze of practice and improvement, hooked up with a variety of people in the Kansas City area, then moved. I now have two kids, a new job and less time, but no less need to play.

      Any suggestions on local jams, players or instructors would be much appreciated. I don't know Shelah, but I like the way she spells her name, so my suggestion for her band name is The Shelahs.

      Ted Sickinger
    • Shelah Spiegel
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2001

        Welcome from another newby to this list Ted.  I was told a "sheila" in Aussie lingo means something to the effect of a looker, chippie, party girl.  The Shelahs sounds good to me but I think the guys wouldn't quite go for it.  Ah, but the call to front stage is great.......

        Don't take me seriously,
        shelah

        ted wrote:  I don't know Shelah, but I like the way she spells her name, so my suggestion for her band name is The Shelahs.

        Do You Yahoo!?