Intro, etc.

  • rwkrase@home.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2001
      Out of the Lurk and into the Light....

      I'm Dick Krase; have been back in the PNW for 6 years and I'm
      particularly grateful to all of you for keeping such a lively BG
      tradition growing here. Was fertile soil for my reentry into playing
      after a 20 year layoff (is it possible to forget MORE than one ever
      knew?)

      Sang in choirs and other choral groups until I got caught up in the
      folk craze in the 60's like many of us. Since guitar players were a
      dime a dozen and I liked some of the clawhammer banjo in legacy folk,
      I took up the no-back banjo. That lasted until I tripped over BG
      music and tried making three fingers make lotsa notes. Sheesh,
      double thumbing was tough enough. That and the ostracism of banjo-
      dom - it was either find a shrink or go back to the guitar.
      Discovered the mando and fell more in love with BG until late the
      game at WSU the Hog Heaven String Band (nee' The American Standard
      Bluegrass Band) needed a washtub player. Several years later my
      decent mando was stolen and I made the mistake of replacing it with a
      cheapie which is my excuse for not playing for 20 years.

      Back at it now, struggling for competency and enjoying listening to
      and/or jamming with many of the list-ee's. I have begun a gospel jam
      at my home once a month (second Friday) which is posted here. Too
      soon to have a personality (that I know of), other than no one has to
      be concerned about too many hot rods! We're just singin' praises.

      And because I have too little self control, Hugh McClellan definitely
      doesn't xxxx yyyyy's and Up the PROC!

    • Kathy Boyd
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2001
        Welcome Dick!

        So. . . . . just where in the Northwest are you located? I'm assuming the
        Portland area if you know Hugh. (although I must confess I'm not able to
        decode your little message about him, but I think it was positive!).

        Feel free to jump in discussions anytime. Keep us posted of your life's
        highways too. We're all family here!

        Kathy