FW: Orting Bluegrass Festival

  • joe ross
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2 10:10 PM
      Below is some info from Terry Shaw with the scoop on the Orting Festival
      next weekend, May 7-8.
      For more info, call Terry at TEL. (253) 503-0177 or email musicpotential
      [at] harbornet.com

      And thanks to the 100 people who showed up at River Forks today. You all
      made it a fun birthday for me. I will post a photo on the main nwbg page
      soon. It's been a rough week, and I enjoyed being able to relax a little
      with all the music with friends. Last Thursday, my father passed away in
      Carlsbad, Ca. after a long battle with a rare brain disease called
      progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP). He was 85. He was always a great
      inspiration to me, and he is in a better place now. Here's a site from the
      US Navy Log about him:
      http://www.lonesailor.org/log.php?search=yes&navy_log_id=497792&lname_search=ROS\
      S&fname_search=JOHN&page=1
      Joe

      From: Terry Shaw <musicpotential@...>
      To: rossjoe@...
      Subject: Orting Bluegrass Festival
      Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 12:45:36 -0700

      Thought you and your subscribers might want to know about this.

      Orting Bluegrass Festival, Soldier's Home, Orting

      Free concerts start at 6:00 Friday and Saturday. (We pass around a donation
      can.) Friday's bands are Barbedwire Cutters, Runaway Train, Windy River,
      Cowchips, Charlo Girls, and Gerry and the Outlaws. Saturday's bands are
      Crossfire, Mud Bay Stompers, Knaughty Pine, Looking Glass, and Tommy and The
      Dropouts.

      In Orting turn right at main intersection (Calistoga) proceed 1 1/2 miles.
      Soldier's home is on left when road turns 90 degrees. Camping is first
      come-first serve, $10.00 donation per site. (I'll be by to collect.) No
      open fires. Tote your own garbage. No RV hook-ups.

      A food vendor is on premise, but I'm not sure of the hours they will be
      open.

      Hope to see you there!

      Terry Shaw

      Mother�s Day is May 9. Make it special with great ideas from the Mother�s
      Day Guide! http://special.msn.com/network/04mothersday.armx