In case anybody wonders.

    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2004
      Just in case anyone wonders, Kathy and I seem to have been kicked off
      the nwbluegrass groups server.

      We can post to the Yahoo site server but are no longer getting any
      messages from the group on our regular email..which is strange since
      we each have different email addresses and different servers.

      If anyone has any idea why this is happening..we would appreciate
      some help.

      Thanks,

    • Julie & Pat Pyle
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2004
        Mark -
        I had the same problem. It seems Yahoo hit a few non-deliverable messages
        (don't understand that!) and I had to contact them to get put back on.
        Check through you Yahoo mailbox, there might be instructions on there.
        Julie Pyle
        Wilbur, WA
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2004
          Thanks. I have left them a message. The really strange thing is that
          it happened to both of us with two different servers and two
          different email accounts...and not even a full moon.

          --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Julie & Pat Pyle" <pjp@c...>
          wrote:
          > Mark -
          > I had the same problem. It seems Yahoo hit a few non-deliverable
          messages
          > (don't understand that!) and I had to contact them to get put back
          on.
          > Check through you Yahoo mailbox, there might be instructions on
          there.
          > Julie Pyle
          > Wilbur, WA
        • Joe Ross
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2004
            --- In nwbluegrass@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Gensman" <GZsound@h...>
            wrote:
            > Thanks. I have left them a message. The really strange thing is
            that
            > it happened to both of us with two different servers and two
            > different email accounts...and not even a full moon.

            Mark, Kathy and others who have this similar problem now and then,

            There are certain procedures that must take place when mail is sent
            from one server to another. The first is that the sending server
            sends a command called HELO. This is how the sending
            server "introduces" itself.

            Either a) the Yahoo server didn't send a HELO command for some reason,
            or b) the HELO command got lost or corrupted somewhere along the way.
            At any rate, it's usually a random glitch. Not really anything you can
            do about it except, if you determine whose server was at fault, to
            notify them (the company running the server).

            If you and Kathy show up as bouncing members, I will send you a
            reactivation request. Please be sure to respond to that message to
            get re-set. Same goes for anyone else in the "bouncing" category.

            Joe
          • Joyce
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2004
              wrote:
              > Just in case anyone wonders, Kathy and I seem to have been kicked
              off
              > the nwbluegrass groups server.

              Me too. No idea why but I belong to two other groups and am not
              getting those messages either. Been fighting it for 2-3 weeks.
              When I only have computer access 4-5 days a week I expect to find a
              lot of messages but I have none. :o(